Polished 10 holes FTW---*pics*

• Sponsors (?)

mump_0812_09_z+fox_body_bargains+trx_wheels.jpg

Trx wheels and their damn metric tires.

The process is pretty simple.

You have to remove the clear coat, for me I found it easiest to just sand the center section with 220 on an Orbital sander and use aircraft stripper on the outer rim/lip. I used a 3M Maroon pad on a drill to get the lip stripped off if there were any areas left.
Then sand the Aluminum, 400 grit, 800grit, 1000 grit wet and 2000 grit wet. After that I use one of those polishing kits for a drill that can be bought at Harbor Frieght...brown bar then the white. Use some Mother's paste by hand to finish it off.

I've always wanted to widen a set and add a lip, but i think the only way it would work is if you shortened your axles, otherwise the rim would be offset too far and your tire would hit your fenders like crazy.

I was really wanting some wider 10 holes too... i found a company that will widen them, but the most i could imagine working was an inch and then its a bitch to find tires in 15" now...I really wish that mavromont would get those 10 holes out damn it...

Looks awesome. If my car looked stock i would want a set like that just to switch around for a sleeper look. You can always throw welds or something on it later if you want. Maybe im getting old but im starting to really love the all stock look again. I almost feel tempted to swap back to my 85 nose, but not quite lol.