Pondering installing 30lb injectors...what u think

Methodical

Dec 1, 2003
Clinton, MD
Hello all. As the title states, I am pondering installing some 30lb injectors. I will be doing some work shortly on the Cobra. I currently have 24lb injectors with a Granatelli 75mm MAF sensor and the MAC CAI. The Granatelli states that it's calibrated for 24lbers and the CAI, but if I recall correctly that does not matter with our EECs. :shrug:

I don't know if I am really want to retune again but will if I can get a significant benefit from the 30lb injectors vs. the 24lbers. Currently I am N/A but do have the NX N20 (wet) kit and working up to 150 shot. The rest of my setup is in my signature below.

If I were to go with 30lbers:

1. What benefits will they provide me with my setup?
2. What issues will I have initially that will need to be worked in the tune using the 30lbers?
3. Should I go with a ProM 30 MAF or should I/can I just stick with the Granatelli MAF?
4. Will I have issues using the Granatelli MAF and 30lb injectors?
5. Should I step up to an 80mm MAF?

I know quite a few of you guys have 30lbers in your cars, so please provide me your tuning experiences using the 30lbers. Also, please don't limit your responses to only my questions as your response my spark different questions that I did not think of. Please provide any and all of your tuning experiences, nightmares etc. on your use of 30lbers. I would appreciated it.

Thanks
Al

• Sponsors (?)

How much air does your MAF register at 5V? (from the flowsheet)

I don't have a flow sheet for my MAF similar to what the ProMs folks have. I just have the MAF flow rates that I got from TwEECing. Will that do?

What injector duty cycles are you seeing now?

It's been awhile since I've really TwEECed and did any datalogging but from what I can remember it was about 85% at WOT - N/A.

Wes[/quote/]

Thanks