pondering selling this fall

Spend some time watching the eBay auctions. You’ll see the market has tempered. And sellers in general have not adjusted yet.

• Sponsors (?)

INteresting take on here about Fox convertibles...... In the mopar and chevy world the saying
DSCF0452.JPG
is " top goes down, price goes up"?

I think it's just that Fox Mustangs were flimsy to begin with. It's a whole new level of flimsy with the convertibles. I think also that the primary appeal of the Fox Mustangs—bang-for-your-buck straight line performance—just didn't lend itself to the convertible as being a popular option.

Not to mention that buying a used convertible almost always means you're going to have to shell out for a new top.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Well , I took the car over to it’s new owner yesterday. After asking the new owner what grade gas he planned on running I dialed the base timing back to stock at 10 degrees. I had been running premium gas at 14 degrees but he’s gonna run 87 octane. I have no regrets about this car. It was a mess when I got it, and now it’s a sweet reliable driver. Here she is after the timing adjustment talkin her talk for me one last time.

View: https://youtu.be/uzA2UXa4XOI

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I think it's just that Fox Mustangs were flimsy to begin with. It's a whole new level of flimsy with the convertibles. I think also that the primary appeal of the Fox Mustangs—bang-for-your-buck straight line performance—just didn't lend itself to the convertible as being a popular option.

Not to mention that buying a used convertible almost always means you're going to have to shell out for a new top.

I think the market will change in 20-30 years.

When Coyote cars become super cheap, you'll see a transition over to those and the fox bodies will become cool old cars and nothing more. At that point, the market is going to be all about collectable cruisers, and I can see a resurgence in AOD and convertibles as the age demographic shifts upwards.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately we paid way too much for our 90 7 up edition vert this spring. It's one car where tons of pictures didn't show all....

It has 36k miles and the paint is rough in many areas along with the engine bay having rusty parts. The car is straight though.

It's one that we'd never get our money back, so drive the wheels off of it. Maybe a repaint one day...

In saying all that, I think 6k for that car is a steal.

I got no serious inquiries listed at $7500. Given what I know about the car, and I disclosed it all in the listing, I think $6000 was fair, not a steal.

To those who think $6000 was low, I understand. But, it’s entirely possible that this opinion is formed because people had been over paying for these cars in the recent past. It’s coming back to reality I think. If you try and sell one, maybe you’ll discover it firsthand like I just did.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I got no serious inquiries listed at $7500. Given what I know about the car, and I disclosed it all in the listing, I think $6000 was fair, not a steal.

To those who think $6000 was low, I understand. But, it’s entirely possible that this opinion is formed because people had been over paying for these cars in the recent past. It’s coming back to reality I think. If you try and sell one, maybe you’ll discover it firsthand like I just did.
Maybe.

We definitely overpaid on our two recent foxbody mustang purchases. Really bad timing on our part buying.

It also depends how long you are willing to wait for the right buyer. From what I recall, you wanted to sell it quickly.

For me, I could wait a couple years for the "right" buyer....if I wanted to sell.

It’s true, I was itching to sell quick. And it went to a local guy I know. He understood what is there and what is missing. He’s registering it in my state as historic. It’s highly highly unlikely I’ll ever get any negative flack over the deal. Its comforting knowing exactly who you’re dealing with, right?