Pony door panel upgrade kit - parts ?

Tim65GT

Feb 24, 2004
West Texas
I bought a Pony Door Panel conversion kit, and it comes with new door handle control assemblies. I guess they have a longer or larger shaft. I can't compare because my car is still in bodyshop prison.

What has me curious is the little springs that came with the door handle eschuteons. Does anyone know where these go and what the purpose is?
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Are the springs cone shaped? If so, the usually go with the small end over the shaft of the door handle assembly and the big end pushes out on the door panel to make for a tight rattle free fit.

Hmmm...I might be a dumbass, that spring I described might be the one that goes where the window crank goes.....not the door latch handle. :shrug: How about a picture?

Not like usual springs

Thanks for the interest. The springs are not like the ones that go on the reg door handles, they are about 3/4" long and about 1/4" in diameter. I wish I could put a picture here.

Well, I'm not the dumbass I thought. I just took an original fastback door apart about an hour ago and those conical springs were on both the door latch handle and the window crank. As for the spring you have I really am not sure. We really need a picture or maybe someone who has bought a similar kit will chime in.

How about a picture...Kinda

Well, I figure if I can't put a picture here ( I don't know why - I emailed Stangnet Support and they said it must be my computer) I don't have any problems with building my web site. So, I put a picture there:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tmbeaulieu/id16.html

It looks like the spring is supposed to go onto the tit on the back of the eschuteon (which is too big) and then through the hole (which is too small) in the door panel and then push against the control. Anyone with a pony interior done this? :shrug: Thanks

Oh, please let me know what you think of my Mustang site so far. :)