Pop and bang tunes...... best and safest way to make them?

Blucifer99

I only understand every 3rd word
Jul 15, 2018
Port Mcnicoll Ontario
i got asked a question the other day and i had no real good answer.. so i figured why not start a thread about it... Pop and bang tuning..

sounds dumb i know but some ppl like the Loud pops bangs and booms on decel and id like to kno the best and safest way to make it happen..
i know you can lean out the lower map cells and make it pop that way.. but what about timing wise? what would you do to make it pop and bang on decel safetly.. im wondering if anyone has done this before and can shed some light on this weird loud subject LOL... cause i wouldnt mind making some pops and bangs while coasting lol..

• Sponsors (?)

nope, you enrichen the decel part of the map and pull as much timing as possible.

set base timing to 0-1* [obviously you will need to set the timing again] set the decel timing row to 0* and add fuel in decel.

enjoy the pop and bang

nope, you enrichen the decel part of the map and pull as much timing as possible.

set base timing to 0-1* [obviously you will need to set the timing again] set the decel timing row to 0* and add fuel in decel.

enjoy the pop and bang

well hmmm i might have to give it a try... on my buddies car and not mine.... if it works on his ill try mine haha

That's really a lot more simple than I thought it would be. But makes sense. Load up the exhaust on fuel. Like in the carb days when guys would turn the key off while coasting then turn it back on and BOOM! My dad said he went through a couple mufflers that way.

enjoy the pop and bang

ok so i kno this sounds stupid to ask but lol.... id be setting base timing to "0" so i can retard the timing to -10 since thats the limit on my balancer, since you cannot command timing lower then your base timing correct??? or am i just commanding zero degrees under decel.
also is this ignition table in the ball park haha.. im not exactly sure on how much timing to pull at first. never did this :poo: before haha

"edit" i guess i couldnt actually pull that much timing to match -10 since i cant command less then my base so ya i get the 0-1 base timing thing now.. so that ignition table is useless haha would have to be 0 not -10

Attachments

• 94626299_2473846519384024_3525433543104659456_n.jpg
    94626299_2473846519384024_3525433543104659456_n.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 79