Port 2001 MAF?

• Sponsors (?)

removing that piece will cause the car to run lean cuz more air is passing through the MAF AFTER it hits the sensor, making it think it still has the same amount of cfm, but it actually doesnt. get one that is already calibrated and has the piece removed.

RysRed96GT said:
removing that piece will cause the car to run lean cuz more air is passing through the MAF AFTER it hits the sensor, making it think it still has the same amount of cfm, but it actually doesnt. get one that is already calibrated and has the piece removed.

My 2000 doesn't have a piece running through the middle. It just has a small tube simular to the 75mm Pro-M that was on my 87 GT. Did they change them or do I have a different meter then stock?

matty50racer said:
My 2000 doesn't have a piece running through the middle. It just has a small tube simular to the 75mm Pro-M that was on my 87 GT. Did they change them or do I have a different meter then stock?
thats wierd. i could've sworn the 99+ mafs were the same as the pre 99, except that they were plastic. :shrug:. if urs is a 00 and the post starter's is an 01, seems like urs isnt a stock mass air unit. :shrug:

matty50racer said:
hmmm... maybe I will have to take a closer look at it. maybe the previouse owner ported it or something because it is just plane black plastic and looks OEM.

Just went out to my garage and checked and it definately looks like my mass air was ported by the previous owner. I can say that the car has always run great since I bought it about 6 months ago. If mine wasn't ported out already I would do it to mine. :nice:

porting out your maf is hit and miss some people get it right and others dont i have a granettelli maf for my 2003 and it really makes a difference with the other mod i have accufab throttle body and plenum mac cold air steeda pullies and t/a exhaust ravins z33 and mac prochamber