Possible 65MM throttle body conversion

EAT 50

Nov 7, 2008
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS MIGHT JUST WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi guys and girls, I am Australian and in my research for throttle bodies for my car a 1995 Ford Falcon XR6 (an Australian production inline 6 cylinder) I came across your V6 throttle bodies. They run a VERY simmilar sensors setup to my standard throttle body; tps on the right, idl control on top and the cable attacment on the right.

There are differences my stock throttle body is 65mm and they can be taken out to 68mm, the sensor plugs are different and the throttle cable attachment is slightly different as well. But in saying that with the change of a few plugs on the Mustang wiring harnass to use the Falcon sensors all the sensors should work fine and I am sure with a bit of thought the throttle cable attachment could be over come too. It would be a safe bet to say the bolt holes don't line up either.

But if you want a big throttle body that will probably cost you, 2nd hand with the sensors, about $80 Australian, a bit of thinking and maybe a simple custom part or two it could be the go. They show up on Ebay Australia all the time.

There is a engine bay shot of my car below, you can see what I mean about the throttle body. There is a pic of the car too so you know what it is, that is the XR model that has different headlighs etc.. but the car is the same general shape.

If any one is interested you should be looking for a throttle body off a Ford Falcon 4.0L 6 cylinder between 1995 and 1999. After that they changed to a different throttle body, totally different sensor setup. Email me at [email protected] and i will help you with any questions or even if anyone wants to try it I am keen to get the parts to you. I want to know if it will work.

Cheers RODS

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0832.jpg

• Sponsors (?)