Possible Drag?

So i was watching a video for American muscle, and dude man says if you replace the smog pump with a delete it will help out. If true, would the same go for the a/c if i delete it? I never use the ac cause i have a vert. He even went as far to say replacing the stock radiator with a mishumoto one would also reduce a little drag. I know it probly wont amount to much, but these are things I can acomplish.
Just looking for some feedback, i do appreciate it. You guys are and have been very informative. Which is why i keep picking ya brains.

• Sponsors (?)

Everything you remove from the engine accessory wise will reduce drag. That being said, you will not benefit much from it unless you are trying to squeeze every last bit of HP out of it. If I was going to delete anything, it would be the mechanical fan and I would install electric fans. Don't get rid of the ac unless you are building a race car.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
If you have cat's don't delete the smog pump. If you don't it's serving no purpose and get rid of it, with a shorter belt.

Deleting the AC is 100% pointless, it spins free when it's off and it doesn't weigh much.

If your radiator works fine, leave it.

An electric fan done right with a good controller it isn't that cheap, nor does it save much power. If you have other good performance parts already, go ahead, if not, spend the money elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok will leave the a/c... Not building a race car. my avatar is fine noobz. But appreciate the thought.
Good to know about the radiator, ill spend the $ elsewhere for sure. Like diapers...one more question since yall are already here
My car is telling me my maf sensor is faulty, low
And high voltage.
Code 157, 158.
Should i replace, cause if so,im gonna get a bigger one set for 24lb injector.
If i go that route do i have to tune the car.

If you have cat's don't delete the smog pump. If you don't it's serving no purpose and get rid of it, with a shorter belt.

Deleting the AC is 100% pointless, it spins free when it's off and it doesn't weigh much.

An electric fan done right with a good controller it isn't that cheap, nor does it save much power. If you have other good performance parts already, go ahead, if not, spend the money elsewhere.

I took out all the cats. I am all about a shorter belt. Not quite sure how to size it up tho. Can u help in that department. That would also save on buying that part they offer as a delete for the smog pump

If you do not have cats there is no point in the smog pump. Delete it, plug the crossover pipe coming out of the back of the head, cap off the vacuum lines from the TAD and TAB sensors and tuck the lines away. Get a short belt. Don't take off the A/C you will regret it later.

Regarding the radiator, sounds like they are trying to sell you one. If you are not having any cooling problems leave it alone.

There is no benefit in going to 24lb injectors on a car that has less than 275 hp. Injectors do not make hp, they support it. A cheap MAF upgrade is a 94-95GT 70MM MAF that is calibrated to match your existing EEC and the 19lb injectors. It will give you a better throttle response and a few hp.