Possible fendor rub - frontend

If the engine is still out of it just loosen up those control arm bolts a little and see if the sound goes away. You need to have full weight on the control arms when torqued down. That means wait till you have the engine in, I always leave a checklist of things to check taped to the windshield when doing multiple things on a car.
The engine/trans is still in the car for now. I don't plan on pulling it for a couple more weeks, the driveshaft and exhaust were pulled in prep. I can torque the arms with the suspension loaded, those race ramps make it real easy

• Sponsors (?)

Another thought, once the spring tension is released on the coilovers and I move the control arm with a jack that noise isn't happening. The arms could need the tension to produce it maybe?

You may need to employ a second pair of ears, if the lower control arms are torqued properly and greased then inspect the spring mounting points and see if the spring is rubbing on the shock body.
I'll see if I can mess with it this week (if not, I should have a bunch of free time the following week), paying close attention to the spring and LCA.

Glad we can rule out the tire rubbing from everything observed.

I ended up pulling the engine and trans this week, I'll loop back to this eventually. A new k-member to match the LCA will be put in eventually, if anything changes from that I'll post here.

Reactions: 1 user