Possible Goodbye

97SVTCobra

Founding Member
Jul 27, 2000
Dayton, Ohio
Back in Sept I traded in my '97 Cobra on a new '03 Cobra Convertible (Dark Shadow Grey). It "was" a great car. I say was, because on the drive to work 2 monday's ago, Someone decided to pull up in front of me, and I total'd the new Cobra. I missed the other car as I attempted to slalom through the break in the median. I didnt make it, and hit the curb (It was a 2 lane north, 2 lane south divided road). A CURB was the cause of $26,000 in damages and a twisted frame caused the adjuster to call it a total loss. I'm fine luckily with some soreness and a scratch (just one), so you could say I was lucky. With this new opportunity (I say this because there were some things I was not happy with on the '03) I am switching manufacturer's.

I am currently deciding between the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and the Subaru Impreza WRX STi. I'm currently leaning heavily towards the Subaru. Either choice will join me to the "ricer crowd" and I'm not sure how that would go over here.

To all Mustang Owners, Enjoy your ride .. Mustangs are AWESOME!! I've loved the 2 that I've owned (with a few dislikes, but no vehicle is perfect)

*EDIT*
Sorry .. this should be in Talk .. just used to always posting in tech :(

• Sponsors (?)

Hey man, don't sweat it. I know the feeling that you have. You've owned the same cars now for quite a few years and you need to make a change. That's cool. If I were you and if I was looking at the Mitsubishi Evolution and Subaru WRX STi, I would get the Subaru. It looks nicer than the Mitsubishi and it will hold more of its value just in case you total this one too. Good luck to you. I hope that you will be happy with whichever ricer car that you buy. Keep us posted here.

I've been taking cough syrup with codine .. but not drinking LOL

I've had 2 mustangs .. they were fun, but something I've always wanted was AWD. It costs too much to make a mustang AWD (I already checked).

I was happy with the IRS of the '03, and there were a few other tiny things that bothered me. I just need a change. 300hp in AWD is FUN to drive. The test drive in the STi is what has pushed me towards the STi over the Evo. I dont know .. call it a mid life crisis LOL

And I didnt total this mustang, the other guy was at fault, cited for failure to yield the right away and is totally responsible financially (well his insurance at least)

well good luck ive thought about switching a couple of times, but i think i will hang on to the stang as long as ford themselves don't piss me off. anyway between the two, the evo is supposed to be a little faster but it looks like crap. whats the point of having a fast car that looks like crap? the sti looks pretty bad ass and will still smoke almost everything. i considered the sti, its a nice car! go for the sti. i would consider the g35 not as fast but beautiful car.
you can get some stillen parts, like a supercharger for the g35.
if you have some time before you make up your mind there is supposed to be some pretty bad a$$ cars coming out. like the new lightning! :nice:

Good luck either way you go. Clutches are not that easy to kill either in a hi hp AWD car if you buy the right one. Any organic clutch last's a very short while with that kind of power. As far as "stages", the good manufacturers use PP weights to classifly their clutches, not stages. An ACT clutch will cost you under 400 for the 2600 lbs pp but when they go bad, the disc is under 140 bucks. And you are giving up a burnout to be able to rape and RWD car out of the whole on the street on stock tires, not a bad trade off if all you are worried about is power and not showing off with burnouts. Good luck dude, Cobra's rock but so do the other two, don't let closed minded people try to sway you from something you could enjoy a lot.

i actually test drove both the evo and the STI before deciding on the GT

since i couldnt afford both, and the cobra was in the same price range, i decided on the GT :D

that and i liked the v8 rumble better.

However i can tell you that the AWD system in a high horsepower car is VERY FUN. the car just takes off no matter what. i agree with most on this thread about STI looking better, but its your preference. good luck and even if you drive the rice youre still welcome here (e.g. Black RSX)

:nice: