Possible new owner 4th gen

Bosgarage57

Apr 16, 2020
Hello everyone! I have found a local 02 v6 convertible stang I am possibly looking at getting. Here are some stats on it, I would like your input if possible:

v6
86,000 miles
Convertible top needs replaced $1000 for a shop to do it.
Windshield needs replaced $400
A/C doesn't kick on when turned on, but blows pretty cold air ?????
Will need tires $400
Needs new battery $100
Body looks good, clear title, electronics work (radio/windows/doors/top)

With that being said, what would be a decent price to offer? Knowing it needs all this work. Not necessarily want to buy to flip, as I'm currently trying to sell my Wrangler and get into a different convertible. The mustang drove and rode great, no weird noises or shifting issues. I just think its been neglected.

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
15 Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Welcome to Stangnet

Do you have any pictures? Because that will help determine the price. I would not give more than 3k in the way you described it in words.
I have a Vert and HATE them LOL. I cant find an idiot to sell it too though.

Here is a link to our section of the forum:

Bosgarage57

Apr 16, 2020
Welcome to Stangnet

Do you have any pictures? Because that will help determine the price. I would not give more than 3k in the way you described it in words.
I have a Vert and HATE them LOL. I cant find an idiot to sell it too though.

I should clarify, this is a bank repo, in bad cosmetic shape. I've offered $600, and he is talking with the loan manager to see. Sounds like I "may" have it at that price. No pics yet, but if it goes through then I will post some.

Why do you not like the convertible?

I found a youtube video of a kee auto top, doesn't seem to be TOO bad, just time consuming. I replaced the top on my wrangler, so I think I can do this one as well, just take my time. All in all, if I can get it and replace everything for around $1,500 I think I'll be good with that. Then decide if I want to keep it, give it to my girl to drive, or my parents, or sell and maybe make a little.

kiddiccarus

The first widely accepted Tranny
15 Year Member
Dec 24, 2003
Oh Bank Repo for $600 damn right its a good buy.

Takes about a day to replace a top for the first time. Gets better the second time, and there will be a second time. The more I do to the Vert the more I hate that I have one. I would much rather have a Coupe. I just hate that anyone with a sharp edge can ruin my top.