possible PAT problem ???

nitrous408

Jun 2, 2005
i got a 03 mach1 , hurricane flood car ,i just changed wiring harrness gem module,,i also got used steering columm w 1 key,,car will crank over but wont start,,,if i spray gas in the intake it stays running...the PAT system.? does it cut off the fuel pump.?? the kick off switch is not tripped....do i need to get my key reproggamed at the dealer ,with all these changes i did..??any help is well thanked...:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

nitrous408 said:
i got a 03 mach1 , hurricane flood car ,i just changed wiring harrness gem module,,i also got used steering columm w 1 key,,car will crank over but wont start,,,if i spray gas in the intake it stays running...the PAT system.? does it cut off the fuel pump.?? the kick off switch is not tripped....do i need to get my key reproggamed at the dealer ,with all these changes i did..??any help is well thanked...:flag:

the quickest way to tell if it's a pats issue is if the theft light is flashing when you are trying to start the car. but from what you are saying I am certain it's the pats system

svttech76 said:
the quickest way to tell if it's a pats issue is if the theft light is flashing when you are trying to start the car. but from what you are saying I am certain it's the pats system
well the car was flooded 1 inch above the bottom of the cluster,the bulb socket with the L.E.D. is corroded....it needs a new cluster 225 bucks ,,if i change ? will i have to tow to dealer.? dam pats ..:shrug: i guess? i just dont want to bring there and they ...shove in it my @##...

nitrous408 said:
well the car was flooded 1 inch above the bottom of the cluster,the bulb socket with the L.E.D. is corroded....it needs a new cluster 225 bucks ,,if i change ? will i have to tow to dealer.? dam pats ..:shrug: i guess? i just dont want to bring there and they ...shove in it my @##...

yeah your going to the dealer no matter what with this. in fact they might not even want to touch this car.

try to see if a local tuner can help.

well i just put wiring harrness on it ,under dash fuse box..took dash out ,,car looks good 13,650 miles...they didnt have a used eec-v harrness,,i was hoping to get fired up...i thought that if the pat sytem was actived that the car wouldnr even turn over ..?? or will it crank but not start,?? i had this problem while back with my 99 cobra..