Possibly Best Day Ever....

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
In 1993 I bought this SSP (Police Package) car brand new. Yes I did, my job made it possible. You just have to trust me on that. It was royal blue metallic clearcoat and I owned it until 2003 when I sold it. Here is a picture of it before I sold it in 2003.

royal-blue-ssp_zps5128a49c.jpg

Well, today I went to look at a coupe project on craigslist and sure enough, it was my old car! I have been looking for this car for a while. I bought it on the spot! Hopefully will have it home this afternoon. It's definitely a project but comes with a fresh shortblock, afr heads, t-5, aluminum driveshaft and car is still very straight. Here is how it looks right now. Will get better pictures when it gets home. Might have to sell my hatchback but will see on that....

20170324_083038_zpsah7d2ihg.jpg

I still have my original window sticker and all ssp paperwork that came with the car.

Chris

Reactions: 12 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I knew it immediately based on the color under the hood, and by all the things I had done to it. I still checked the vin to make absolutely sure and it was a match!

Reactions: 2 users
Damn. That's still cool. I wish I could track down my 2003 GT and buy it back. I did manage to see it once on the road. Weird feeling seeing someone else driving "your" car

Reactions: 1 user
I thought my wife would be mad, but when I reminded her we had our first date in that car she was cool. She did say "This is the last one" though. hahaha.... Actually, this is the car that created my screen name on here and corral.

Reactions: 2 users
I had the chance to buy my first mustang(89 lx hatch) a couple years ago. I had to pass. That car had been through hell..and that was before I sold it in early 90's lol. Very cool that you got yours back though. Congrats.

In 1993 I bought this SSP (Police Package) car brand new. Yes I did, my job made it possible. You just have to trust me on that. It was royal blue metallic clearcoat and I owned it until 2003 when I sold it. Here is a picture of it before I sold it in 2003.

royal-blue-ssp_zps5128a49c.jpg

Well, today I went to look at a coupe project on craigslist and sure enough, it was my old car! I have been looking for this car for a while. I bought it on the spot! Hopefully will have it home this afternoon. It's definitely a project but comes with a fresh shortblock, afr heads, t-5, aluminum driveshaft and car is still very straight. Here is how it looks right now. Will get better pictures when it gets home. Might have to sell my hatchback but will see on that....

20170324_083038_zpsah7d2ihg.jpg

I still have my original window sticker and all ssp paperwork that came with the car.

Chris
Congrats on the find!! That's pretty awesome. I can think of a few cars I wish I could have back so can only imagine the feeling...

When I had it it was an 18 year old gorgeous sex crazed fashion model. It came back to me as a worn out mother of 7, 50 pounds overweight who sells foodstamps for crack......

Reactions: 4 users