Possibly Best Day Ever....

• Sponsors (?)

My plan of action is to clean up the engine bay as its empty right now. I will paint the bay and then install the engine/trans. I will do a build thread to keep track of the progress.

Reactions: 1 users
I picked up all the extra parts today. The guy gave me the following. A FMS Aluminum Driveshaft. Pair of AFR 185 heads. Crane gold roller rockers. Cobra Upper and Lower. Gray tweed seats front and rear. Rebuilt short block. T-5Z Trans and bellhousing. H-pipe. Strut tower brace. Pretty good deal I got here! The guy is super cool. I also sold a complete t-5 setup I had today for $550 so I am gonna dive into this thing this coming week. I always say "I'm just gonna take my time on this project", then two weeks later car is painted, heads, cam, etc etc! hahaha

20170326_163612_zps292worsv.jpg

20170326_163617_zpsfslveiye.jpg

20170326_163625_zpsq6jxnsxa.jpg

20170326_163636_zpsuhyhn0f3.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I just found service records that show this car was in Texas in 2009. I sold the car to a military guy. A lot of military guys take their stuff when the leave Hawaii, but HOW IN THE HELL did it find it's way BACK here? Not only back here but back to me?? I also checked the title and found I originally purchased the car on 3-31-1993, 18 years to the day prior to my youngest son being born. His birthday 3-31-2011. Last freaky thing, I have had a single key on my shelf forever. Never knew which car it went to. Yup. It's the key for this car....I kept it all these years.

Reactions: 8 users
You know Chris, with all the coincidental things happening with the return of your car, maybe you should name it The Twilight Zone. TTZ for short.

It's the right color for that too.:chin

It's like one of those dogs you hear about that runs across the country to get back to it's owner. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
I have the interior back together. Fixed the shifter hole that was butchered. Putting the engine together. Going to paint the engine bay before installing engine. I just picked up a front brake setup from an 03 mach1 and my 5 lug front spindles and cobra brake booster are on the way. I am doing my build thread on the corral. (Sorry, I just always do my builds threads there. Old habit)

http://forums.corral.net/forums/member-build-up-projects/2371170-1993-ssp.html

Make sure your pistons are notched for those AFR185s. I think you'll run into clearance problems or need to use a really tame cam if you don't.

Reactions: 1 user
Jeez man. You're gonna have a rocket! Please for the love of god put a custom cam in there with everything. I can get you in touch with Ed Curtis, or PM me and I'll get you really close to optimum.

Reactions: 1 user
I actually have a .30 over short block with all forged internals. I need to have it torn down for honing and new rings and bearings. I don't have the budget for that at the moment but that will have a custom cam for sure. Right now with the rebuilt shortblock he gave me I'm just gonna get it running and driving.