Possibly Scammed...need help in PA area

Status
Not open for further replies.

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I bought a cobra upper and lower from a guy by the name of Brian Lutz in Danville, PA. He sent me a stock upper and lower after I paid. Now, I cant get in touch with him. Right after I paid he said he was moving and his Internet would be down...yeah...ok.

Can anyone help me out? Is anyone local to that area?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about that. However i do live 20 mminutes from Danville. I don't know the individual you are referring to. Where did you purchase the product from (Ebay, Stangnet, Corral). Do you have any paper work or proof of what he was selling. I checked the phone book and don't see any Brian Lutz listed. Give me the information that you have and i could check into it. I have a couple friends who are Police Officers in that area that are stang lovers and i am sure they would help out. One of them was the deciding factor for me buying mine.

kev

I know you how you feel about being ripped off but why don't you give the guy a chance to explain himself....if he can?
I thought I was scammed once but only to find out the guy turned off his internet service to keep his daughter off the computer at night so she start doing her homework. He apologized up and down to me and threw in some extra parts for me at no charge. You see what I mean?
Getting people to go beat him up certainly isn't going to get your money back any quicker....if at all..at that point. What...he files charges against someone who wants to be a hero, they get fined and maybe even jailed for something that wasn't even their business to begin with.
Where does that leave the buyer....still without his money/parts and the burdon of proof that he intentially tried to scam you.
That's the first thing any officer will tell you....can you prove it was his intention to deceive you? What are you going to say.....what....he won't answer his emails???
If he is trying to scam you then by all means he should be held liable legally in some way or another.
Give the guy a chance first. How long has it been?
If it was send UPS then there HAS to be a phone number on the lable. Give him a call.
I'm telling you though, sending a bunch of "tough guys" to his house will give him more rights than you.

I will respond to this thread when brian sends me my money back. he finally emailed me last night and said he would send out the money on Friday. Until then, this is my last post in here.

And, I have no idea where someone came up with me sending people to beat him up? Where did that come from?

allcarfan said:
And, I have no idea where someone came up with me sending people to beat him up? Where did that come from?

nobody ever said anything about beating anyone up. I just wanted to see if it was brian or if he indeed did move out of town. I emailed him a few days ago and he didnt respond... i was just gonna check... i think he moved.

Is it me? :shrug:

Why would someone(Rob) in this case advertise a Cobra upper and lower intake to both parties, and send them BOTH stock ones then promise to repay the money?? Still sounds like a scammer to me...

Am I missing something here? :stupid:

94Silverbullet said:
Is it me? :shrug:

Why would someone(Rob) in this case advertise a Cobra upper and lower intake to both parties, and send them BOTH stock ones then promise to repay the money?? Still sounds like a scammer to me...

Am I missing something here? :stupid:

Person that was doing the selling was brian lutz. Rob Parsons was one of the parties that received a stock intake...just like I did. Rob was reimbursed. I am waiting to be reimbursed as promised by Brian last night.

N8Miller said:
allcar, maybe me and kev will have to roll to his house and see if hes home :D

Kev, wana go to the track on friday?

Sounds like a threat to me. It also constitutes conspiracy. What did you plan on doing once you got there?
Think before you type.
And no...N8miller...I am not "Brian"

ALLCARFAN....I hope you get your money back but do yourself a favor and don't rely on these idiots. Go through the proper channels.

Hey Nate what's up. Can't make it on Friday and didn't realize the track was still open.

Armyman: interesting comment you made " it took me only ten minutes to find this post". I wonder why it took you 10 minutes and why you would be looking for it. Also if this KNOB Brian keeps scamming people it will catch up to him one way or another. Also if i was going to do some dirty work i certainly would not post it here. No threat was made at any point of time or any truth to your conspiracy theory. Nate and I could have gone to his house and informed him that the person he sold the "Cobra Intake" to needed to contact him. That would have been it. Go back and read my first post and then read your last post. As far as the "don't rely on these idiots" where did this come from. Also in Law Enforcement you often rely on what is called Professional Courtesy and would have been used if necessary.

For the interest you have in this problem you sure sound like Brian. Prove me wrong!!!

Allcarfan posted this on 10/26/04, you joined this site on 10/26/04 HMMMM.

Kevsstang.....Yeah I joined not on that date...along with a 100 other people...I'm sure.One of the first forums I stopped in was the COPACABANA and read some posts. Then I came here and saw this post.
When ALLCARFAN mentioned Rob parsons I remembered the post I saw in COPACABANA where he was looking for Rob.
So I took the liberty to search all of Rob Parson's threads betting on the fact that he mentioned getting scammed. Sure enough...I did and read where he was paid back in full....something ALLCARFAN should have done maybe.
It wasn't rocket science...well...maybe for you it is
I noticed other members on here trying to help out...are they under your suspicion too. :rolleyes:
I was just trying to be objective instead of jumping to conclusions.
Isn't objectivity part of professional courtesy that you proudly claim you have?
As far as me being "Brian".....nope.
I never said I didn't know him though.
N8miller....your name wouldn't happen to be Nate Miller...would it?
If so, didn't you try once to sell a 7.5 rearend as an 8.8 rear to Brian

armyman said:
Sounds like a threat to me. It also constitutes conspiracy. What did you plan on doing once you got there?

I was just hoping that you would have some apple pie or a danish to snack on. :D

Im not down to beat anyone up, i just wanted to see if brian moved or not.... just like i said! nothing more, nothing less.

armyman said:
Nate Miller...would it?
If so, didn't you try once to sell a 7.5 rearend as an 8.8 rear to Brian

yeah, that was me. it was an honest mistake and money was refunded promptly. But keep in mind that there is a difference between a mistake and someone scamming.

i wonder why brian asked me for my stock intake.....???? Brian told rob parson that his "uncle" said that he was sent over seas in the army. and now we have army man.
Dont get me wrong, were just trying to find the truth. If your not brian, then so be it. just trying to get everyones name cleared.

N8Miller said:
yeah, that was me. it was an honest mistake and money was refunded promptly. But keep in mind that there is a difference between a mistake and someone scamming.

i wonder why brian asked me for my stock intake.....???? Brian told rob parson that his "uncle" said that he was sent over seas in the army. and now we have army man.

Oh...that must have been you Brian said he could get an intake from. Yeah, I was looking for a stock upper intake.
My screen name ARMY MAN is not an inplication that I am in the Army.
I am a huge fan of the college football team ARMY
Anything else I can clear up for you detective :D

Status
Not open for further replies.