Post pics of how your foxbody currently sits

Monday after school, less than 1.5 miles from home. My son wanted to spin a wheel, and unfortunately he lost control and wrecked his car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. The car wasn't as lucky. We are starting to return to normal, as the shock wears off. I'll have to find a donor car in order to fix it. Any of you guys done a roof repair ?
IMG_1303.JPG
I'm so sorry man,
Unfortunate life lesson for your son, really glad he is ok

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh my god! Thank God your son wasn't hurt.

I'm weeping for you right now buddy. You went through so much work!

Let me know what you need for info for the roof, i'll get you all the information you'll need.

Dave, It feels like a bad dream. I was on my first day of returning to day shift, having a great day and looking forward to coming home and spending time with my family. About 20 minutes before the end of my shift my son calls in pure panic mode. He was so upset that it was hard to understand what he was saying but I heard "I'm ok" and "I turned it over ". It took an hour to reach him, what a long drive that was. What a roller coaster of emotion, but we're starting to feel normal again, now that the shock has worn off. I'm so thankful he wasn't hurt and that no one else was injured. He's a great son, and seeing him so devastated broke my heart. We're going to be fine, as far as the car goes, I'm not sure what to do yet. Just need a little time to think about it. Thanks for the kind words, I sincerely appreciate it.

^
Are you ready kids? "Aye Aye Captain"
I can't hear you! "AYE AYE CAPTAIN"
Oohh...
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
"Spongebob Squarepants"
Absorbant and yellow and porous is he!
"Spongebob Squarepants"
If nautical nonsense be something you wish
"Spongebob Squarepants"
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!
"Spongebob Squarepants"
READY?
Spongebob Squarepants
Spongebob Squarepants
Spongebob Squarepants

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS! AH AHH AHH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHH...

@Bossed I've been watching you and your sons progress. I'm so glad he is OK, too.

I can only imagine the guilt and sadness he's feeling. All of us go through something that makes us respect these cars. Its sad the lesson came like this.

The only way to get him past it is to build again.... He'll never forget the time you guys spent on that car.

There are plenty of rollers out there....maybe a notchback this time. ;)

Monday after school, less than 1.5 miles from home. My son wanted to spin a wheel, and unfortunately he lost control and wrecked his car. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. The car wasn't as lucky. We are starting to return to normal, as the shock wears off. I'll have to find a donor car in order to fix it. Any of you guys done a roof repair ?
IMG_1303.JPG

First, I'm sure we all agree that thankfully your son is ok. Cars can be replaced.

Second, you'll need to see what the insurance is willing to pay- hopefully you have agreed value> I would be surprised if they do not total it. If they do and it is not agreed value, you may have the opportunity to use the proceeds and buy the car back, however I'd defer to @Davedacarpainter when you have pics of the damage for his opinion on repair costs.

@Bossed I've been watching you and your sons progress. I'm so glad he is OK, too.

I can only imagine the guilt and sadness he's feeling. All of us go through something that makes us respect these cars. Its sad the lesson came like this.

The only way to get him past it is to build again.... He'll never forget the time you guys spent on that car.

There are plenty of rollers out there....maybe a notchback this time. ;)
Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement, you've no idea how much it means. We pulled the broken windshield, he removed the driver side fender and nose piece. Haven't had time to look for a donor car yet, but that's the plan eventually.

First, I'm sure we all agree that thankfully your son is ok. Cars can be replaced.

Second, you'll need to see what the insurance is willing to pay- hopefully you have agreed value> I would be surprised if they do not total it. If they do and it is not agreed value, you may have the opportunity to use the proceeds and buy the car back, however I'd defer to @Davedacarpainter when you have pics of the damage for his opinion on repair costs.

Thanks for the thoughts concerning my son. Insurance isn't an issue, I have the car and its paid for. Just had liability insurance on it. The car is repairable, though I'm not sure many would try to save it with the top being damaged. Right now our emotions are still a little raw from the accident, but my son wants to try and fix it, and I don't have the heart to part it out, so we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeah, but, OMG, it's sooo close to,being btchin'

It would look really nice in kona blue btw.

Appreciate it Dave. I have a few colors I have been talking with a painter about, but I need to POR 15 the engine bay and jambs before then and weather has been crap here.

Two variants I have been looking at (Expectation)
F05F55A1-88C1-4DC2-B0F0-227F538348E3.jpg

What I'll probably end up with or stay like (reality)
2BDEF6D1-E111-4E15-8190-F8EDADB39E25.jpg

I'd like to buy a notch for my wife, but she likes the new edge body style so I guess I'll have to suffer with an 03/04 Cobra someday. Life is rough.

See mine does too. She says buy either a 03/04 Cobra, Lebanon 5.0 or a truck.....but only if I sell the beater notch (which I seen one go for $45,000 on Barrett Jackson so I know what its worth:doh:...gtfo :crazy:)

I swear our women have meetings to try to trick us sometimes :thinking:

She likes the 11-14 Coyotes too, and so do I. I just have a soft spot for 03/04 Cobras because I was a senior in high school in 01/02 when the car was revealed. I've lusted after one ever since, plus I think they'll hold their value better. Only down side is I would rather she have an automatic, she can drive a stick, but I think she'll get herself in trouble with 400+ horsepower and a clutch lol.