POST some pics of your pets

• Sponsors (?)

ozjello said:
WhiteStallionGT,

I live in the Pocono Mountains in PA. There was actualy a mother and 3 cubs that day. But nothing scared the bejesus out of me more than the time I got out of my truck on my driveway and a 800lb bear walked across the end of the driveway on it's way into the woods. I was only about 25 feet away from it.

Another time I was in my shed further down the yard and bear walked up on me, between the house and shed. I closed the doors and locked myself in :)

Good lord dude, stay safe out there. I heard that if a bear charges at you to just pretend that you're dead. Running away will make things worse. Correct?

WhiteStallionGT said:
Good lord dude, stay safe out there. I heard that if a bear charges at you to just pretend that you're dead. Running away will make things worse. Correct?

Damn....thats scary. I couldnt imagine "playing dead". How fast can they run? I think i'd have to try to find out if i was in the situation. But man o man, i hope i dont:eek:

Here are babies..

codychew2.jpg

Black bears are pussies....it's the brown ones out west you have to worry about. Those bears in the picture aren't going to hurt anyone.

A black bear will not chase you if you run. They'll only attack you if they think you're after their cubs, at which point you run away.

The brown bears out west think you're food if you run.

legalize420 said:
bull terrier
Thank you sir

Good lord dude, stay safe out there. I heard that if a bear charges at you to just pretend that you're dead
Abort the fetal position, abort the fetal position. [chorus]"Cause my body....my body is telling me yes lord, there aren’t nothing wrong with a little bump and grind[/chorus]. This never leaves the cave" LOL good movie

db what kinda snake is that?

Damn I go camping in the mountains and never see any bears. We throw scraps of food out against trees, walk trails in the evenings to try and see some and never do and you got them in your back yard you suck oz lol

Bears scare the crap outta me, I'm not used to them at all. I just stood still and waited to find out what IT wanted to do, and did whatever from there.
You never run from a bear as far as I know, that can be an invitation.

And as for Black Bears being less nasty than any other. One took a miniature horse from a fenced in paddock last year.

The 800 pounder I saw was about the size of a VW beetle I swear !! It made my Sport Trac seem not so safe to hide in :)

The bear than snuck up on me while I was out in my shed appeared less than a minute after i crawled out from under my stang, I was putting a new x-pipe on, and rolling up my air hose, and saw it standing there looking at me.

ozjello said:
Bears scare the crap outta me, I'm not used to them at all. I just stood still and waited to find out what IT wanted to do, and did whatever from there.
You never run from a bear as far as I know, that can be an invitation.

And as for Black Bears being less nasty than any other. One took a miniature horse from a fenced in paddock last year.

The 800 pounder I saw was about the size of a VW beetle I swear !! It made my Sport Trac seem not so safe to hide in :)

The bear than snuck up on me while I was out in my shed appeared less than a minute after i crawled out from under my stang, I was putting a new x-pipe on, and rolling up my air hose, and saw it standing there looking at me.

See Guero .... you were right. There ARE good reasons to carry an AK-47, lol.