Post up your burn out pictures

• Sponsors (?)

It would take me more like an hour and a half, but your point is accurate. Swapability is one reason all the Chevy and Mopar NASCAR teams use FoMoCo 9"s.

Drain the rear (try not to make a mess since you'll be laying in it).
Remove both rear wheels.
Remove 8 nuts holding the axles in.
Stash or hang your brakes somewhere (carefull with those lines!).
Pull both axles out about 6 inches (carefull with the seals!).
Remove 4 nuts holding rear u-joint on.
Remove 10 (?) nuts holding the diff in.
Yank the heavy SOB off.
Put new gasket on.
Re-do everything you un-did.

Yeah, maybe 2 hours for my slow arse :D

burnoutfire.JPG

What are you kidding me? Its a Ford its still trucking. :flag: We do tend to drive a little hard but you know thats the best thing about having a hot vehicle, when you want to abuse it you pay for it when we tear it up. That truck and car are still going strong, we are about to take the truck up to stage 2. Its making about 13 psi and we want to take it up to about 15 with meth. injection, a lowering kit, and a pi intake with heads. The cobra we are going to be putting on a KB Supercharger running about 6 lbs, right now the cobra has magnaflow exhaust with cobra r headers, a kb intake. We hope to have the kb supercharger in my spring. Remember speed kills, be safe drive a honda.

BDT 1967 said:
What are you kidding me? Its a Ford its still trucking. :flag: We do tend to drive a little hard but you know thats the best thing about having a hot vehicle, when you want to abuse it you pay for it when we tear it up. That truck and car are still going strong, we are about to take the truck up to stage 2. Its making about 13 psi and we want to take it up to about 15 with meth. injection, a lowering kit, and a pi intake with heads. The cobra we are going to be putting on a KB Supercharger running about 6 lbs, right now the cobra has magnaflow exhaust with cobra r headers, a kb intake. We hope to have the kb supercharger in my spring. Remember speed kills, be safe drive a honda.

i hear ya, but i think your next goal should be setting the pavement on fire like that picture posted by dark :flag:

Burn Outs at the track - Cool.

Burn Outs on public roads - Stupid.

This pass Sunday just five miles from my home.

The DEAD count is now FIVE!

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

By Dena Levitz | Staff Writer
Wednesday, February 1, 2006

Authorities are working to determine whether the 25-year-old Evans man charged in connection with Sunday's fatal wreck was racing on Bobby Jones Expressway as suspected.

Richmond County Sheriff Ronnie Strength said Wednesday the case is nowhere near closed and that his department and a team from the Georgia State Patrol are looking into the speed issue.

Special
Christopher Bush, charged with vehicular homicide, was released on $11,100 bond Wednesday.
Click photo for optionsThe accident, which occurred at Bobby Jones and Deans Bridge Road, resulted in four deaths and two serious injuries.

After deliberating for several hours late Sunday, officers charged Christopher Lee Bush Jr. with four felony counts of vehicular homicide and one count of reckless driving.

The counts were based on statements by a witness to the multi-car accident who said Mr. Bush was racing alongside Larry Skinner, 45, of Augusta, just before Mr. Skinner's pickup crossed the median and crashed into more than a half dozen other vehicles, killing two people and critically injuring two others.

A passenger in Mr. Skinner's vehicle died when she was thrown out and struck by another vehicle.

As of Wednesday, Nancy Lewis, one of the injured women, had been upgraded to fair condition and Joyce Lewis was still in critical condition at Medical College of Georgia Hospital, a spokeswoman said.

According to Richmond County sheriff's Deputy Mike Logue, one of the case's lead officers, the witness said both drivers reached 100 mph in eastbound lanes.

According to the sheriff, Mr. Bush has never told authorities or signed any statements indicating he was racing and maintains that he never drove close to 100 mph.

"We're investigating if he was racing or not," Sheriff Strength said.

"Even though there was a witness who said he did, we have to look into all angles," the sheriff said.

On Wednesday afternoon, Mr. Bush was released from the Richmond County jail on $11,100 bond. He had been there since Sunday.

HistoricMustang said:
Burn Outs at the track - Cool.

Burn Outs on public roads - Stupid.

This pass Sunday just five miles from my home.

The DEAD count is now FIVE!

Just for the sake of playing the Devil's Advocate...what does a street racing accident have to do with burnouts?:shrug:

I will agree that street racing is stupid, but burnouts? Even in high school I remember going to non-residential country roads in the middle of nowhere and doing some burnouts. I mean it's not like most people do burnouts on major highways. How would their friends get out to take pictures?!!:shrug:

Most of the burnout videos posted here are in parking lots or private property (mine). From what I can tell there are no other cars/drivers around and the speed reached a blistering 5mph (if that).

Big difference between that and the 100mph story in my book. If you do get caught doing a burnout on public roads you can get a ticket for "exhibition of acceleration", and you SHOULD get one frankly.

If you are racing on public roads the law should throw the book at you, if you kill someone doing it you should go away for a long time..

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Just for the sake of playing the Devil's Advocate...what does a street racing accident have to do with burnouts?:shrug:

I will agree that street racing is stupid, but burnouts? Even in high school I remember going to non-residential country roads in the middle of nowhere and doing some burnouts. I mean it's not like most people do burnouts on major highways. How would their friends get out to take pictures?!!:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Real simple! My kids are out there!

And, this is going to get ugly real quick if anyone tries to justify this stuff on any public road at any speed. At that point it becomes idiotic!

Be warned!

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

Who's defending street racing? I'm just asking how doing burnouts on empty roads in the middle of nowhere comes into the same ballpark? The reason doing burnouts on normally traveled roads is stupid is because, you can 1)Lose control(I guess:shrug: ) and hit other drivers or, 2)cause visibility issues with the smoke. But I don't see why it has to be strictly saved for the track. I guess it's just easier to group everything involving cars as dangerous and idiotic instead of actually thinking about what separates stupid from carefully planned and executed fun.

I mean if you live in Ga, you MUST know what isolated country roads can be like.