Potential 2015 Buyer (probably V6)

BlackenedSVT

Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
So I've been away from these forums for a long time now. After selling my toys and growing older and more boring, I've been just focusing on other things in life and have owned boring BMW daily drivers for a while now.

....until recently decided to get back into checking out the mustang scene and forums. Something I've been out of the loop from for years now. So I come back and am checking out the new 2015 which I definitely like a lot. I finally feel ford NAILED the rear end on this car, while keeping the front modern yet retro. Something that I feel they almost got right with the 2005 models but then screwed up on the rear-end with the later models.

Though, for the first time ever, I am debating getting the V6.....Yeah, awkward, I know...especially after having owned 2x Cobras. But the new GT is (SOMEHOW) INSANELY PRICED, and I just like the 2015 body style TOO MUCH to revert to like an older 2010 GT. I guess I've been out of the loop for too long now. When did a GT become a $40,000+ car? :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, I think the performance looks solid from the GT, but not for the price. For that price I'd just get a 2010 Shelby GT500 again or something (only I'm not because I dont want big payments again). I'm hoenstly wondering how Ford is goign to sell the new 2015 GTs considering most mustang enthusiasts would probably do just that.

So that brings me to the 2015 V6. Most of you die hard stang lovers probably stopped reading by now, as I would have years ago when someone said they are turning down a new GT for a new V6 hahahaha. But my goal is to pick up a nice daily driver/cruiser and keep my cheap ~$300/mo payments on a lease or fiance (most likely a finance) of a new mustang. I still have a year+ left on my 2014 320x BMW lease. So I start my quest for a mustang again. I've done the modding, done the racing, have had gloveboxes full of time slips. Just looking for something sexy and enjoyable this time around, and I think the 2015 Mustang could be it.

So if you're still reading this...what is your guy's input on the new (manual) V6 stang?

I'm not too interested in the ECO-BOOST ironically. Just not into the 4cyl turbo.

It seems most magazines and articles I find ONLY compare the GT to the 4cl Eco boost, having totally written off the V6 as a non-factor, only viable as a Hertz Rental Car....ouch.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Personally I love the 2015 platform and wouldn't consider the S197 platform at all. With that being said, the GT is my first choice but the V6 is still making 300 hp and I would imagine is still a fun car to drive. I know that a few members here have posted info on what they paid for their cars, I have seen a few guys pay in the lower 30k range for base model GT's. My premium GT was indeed over the 40K $ mark though

Personally I love the 2015 platform and wouldn't consider the S197 platform at all. With that being said, the GT is my first choice but the V6 is still making 300 hp and I would imagine is still a fun car to drive. I know that a few members here have posted info on what they paid for their cars, I have seen a few guys pay in the lower 30k range for base model GT's. My premium GT was indeed over the 40K $ mark though

Yeah I definitely am not knocking the guys that are buying the new GTs for $40k+. If you enjoy the car for whatever the reason, that's the most important thing. It just seems crazy to me because there are BOSSes and Shelbys out there for that price range still. And I would think, typical mustang enthusiests would rather go that route. Granted....they are not the new body style yet though, I get that.

What about the new platform do you enjoy over the S197, beside the body?

The reason I wouldn't even consider the Boss or Shelby is the ride quality and handling. The ride quality is a world of difference from the solid axle to the new independent suspension, also the interior feels as though it has more room and I find it far more comfortable. In the weeks leading up to picking up my 2015 I drove a friends Supercharged 2013 GT (the two cars make almost identical hp) while he had my truck, My mind was made up instantly after driving only a few miles in the '15. Even more so, the 15' platform feels so much more stable on the road coarse while carving corners. The 15' GT has consistently beat the Boss lap times in every report that I have read, this just lends itself to show how far improved the handling of the new GT is over the previous year Boss Mustangs. The great part about what you're thinking about (going the V6 route) is that you get the incredible handling of the new platform and at a reasonable price brand new.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I must admit while I loved all of my prior mustangs, I think I miss my 04 Cobra the most because of the IRS. It was different to launch at the drag strips, for sure, but my god it made my daily driving a blast. I definitely prefer the IRS.

Yeah getting a 2015 V6 as a cheap daily driver, paying it off over the years and then putting a blower on it sounds pretty fantastic, not gunna lie. The new GTs are just too far out of my price range. I'd imagine, even at my age (32) the GT insurance is still much pricier in comparison to the V6. But I hvaen't looked into it yet.

Well, I guess I should chime in here. I purchased my '15 V6 for just over 26k with the only available package the 18" wheels fog lamps etc. I have a little over 3,200 miles on the clock and I will tell you this...I LOVE THIS FREAKING CAR!! But seriously, while it ain't no V8 killer, with the 6 speed manual and the 3.15 geared rear end it is a freaking blast to turn off the traction nanny, throw it hard into a corner and come out sideways smoking' those tires! At least that's what I have heard. I am WAY too grown up to do that...:D

Well, I guess I should chime in here. I purchased my '15 V6 for just over 26k with the only available package the 18" wheels fog lamps etc. I have a little over 3,200 miles on the clock and I will tell you this...I LOVE THIS FREAKING CAR!! But seriously, while it ain't no V8 killer, with the 6 speed manual and the 3.15 geared rear end it is a freaking blast to turn off the traction nanny, throw it hard into a corner and come out sideways smoking' those tires! At least that's what I have heard. I am WAY too grown up to do that...:D

Well Bill, you're in luck. Because I would love a red V6. And it looks like that's what you have. Soooo it's time I think, for you to whore pics of your ride please. =)

The Ecoboost is a fun ride... but we went with the YELLOW GT Premium with the Performance Pkg.....

Me and the Mrs. both work at the dealer and there is a factory incentive for volume through the end of march ..

Ours come with LIFETIME POWERTRAIN.
.Might be worth flying down to Nashville and get in on the deal...think he still needs 30 new fords by the month end, to get a big factory check... so giving them away

Nice pics =) I don't like the paint-match rear lower bumper skirt though. Does the performance package come with that, or is that only a GT thing?

I definitely like the black plastic trim look instead. Like this:

2015-ford-mustang-rear-view.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe what I'm reading. That I'm not the only guy here with a v6 in a 2015! I've had three Mustangs with this engine and am in love with it. I do like a bracket race now and again, and in that venue I have an equal chance against anyone. No I'll save my modding for tires and exhaust, anyone heard an audio of either the Flowmaster or the Rouch axleback systems. Do you think it would be much different than the 2011 to 2014s.

I love my v6. Sure, I would've got the GT if I could comfortably afford it, but that wasn't the case. The 3.7 is nothing to sneeze at. Plenty of power to get you into some trouble lol. I came from a Scion FR-S and it definitely took the cake in the handling department, but the new IRS is really good. I tested a 2014 3.7 and the 2015 felt much better in every aspect. If you're wanting an affordable fun daily driver, I think the you will be pleased with the v6.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't believe what I'm reading. That I'm not the only guy here with a v6 in a 2015! I've had three Mustangs with this engine and am in love with it. I do like a bracket race now and again, and in that venue I have an equal chance against anyone. No I'll save my modding for tires and exhaust, anyone heard an audio of either the Flowmaster or the Rouch axleback systems. Do you think it would be much different than the 2011 to 2014s.

It's hard to tell from sound clips, but for the v6, I haven't heard anything better than the Roush axleback...that is until I threw on some Flowmaster super 10 mufflers. IMO these sound pretty damn good. I won't go and say they sound like a v8, but there have been multiple people who have mistaken my car for a GT. the downside is the typical Flowmaster interior drone. It's not bad if you keep the RPM's low, but once you go past 3k it's pretty annoying. However, I did remove my factory resonator, so it might drone less if you leave it on.

Haha no I still have this lease for another 12 months! I'm merely collecting data at this time and getting back into these forums after several years away.

You will know when I pick up a 2015 (or maybe 2016 at this point). It's still between the V6 and the GT. I don't like what I see out of the Ecoboosts.