power adder time??

check out my sig for my mods... im ready for a power adder so what advise would you give me? ive put turbo upgrades and kits on other cars (DSM's, wrx, evo VIII) but never on a mustang. i think right now id rather have a s/c and get the turbo later after i build the bottom end up. what s/c would you recomend i get? and what other parts do you think i should get first?? thanx

• Sponsors (?)

well here is my $.02.....go turbo the first time and dont look back....your gonna get more hp/psi with a turbo than a blower becaue your usuing echaust gasses to spool the turbo...while you lose some power by needing the motor to turn the belt on a blower...and to tell you the truth the turbo is probably safer for your motor than the blower....first off all because it doesnt put the added stress on the crank like a blower does....2nd most blower kits for our cars are non-intercooled.....so there is no way to cool the intake charge....with a turbo the systme is usually built around an intercooler....

....if you insist on a Supercharger....id go with a Vortech S-trim(proven time and time again to make power) or a Kenne Bell Blowzilla....

Edit: and my final suggestion....H/C first....

Anthony

Well hes not gonna need to cool the intake charge if hes running lower then 12 psi on a sc(unless kennebell). And if hes does decide to run more, you can peiece together a water injection kit for a decent price.

If you are gonna go sc, i would say go with a vortech S trim or paxton novi 2000, or a kennebell 2200 if the budget allows. You should look up the cons and pro's of each type of blower(just do a search here, and at the corral).