Engine Power gains from this....

• Sponsors (?)

Said well by someone who has obviously never raced seriously. I yanked the AC on my 88 mustang, and later on the entire heater box.

A drag car will be taken apart frequently for modifications, repairs, ect. The simpler it is to work on, the better. If you are at the track and break something, time is CRITICAL. Anything that un-necessarily slows you down could cost you the race. Even if you have plenty of time, the AC is just another thing that's in the way anytime you need to pull the engine.

As for performance, the only benefit as others said is the 20lb weight loss. No measurable hp gain as the compressor switches off near WOT. But what if you pull the AC system, heater, HVAC box, misc. insulation, sway bar, cruise control, washer fluid tank, ECT, you can easily add up to 100lbs or more. Some skinnys, tubular front suspension and you are talking some serious weight loss. And this is weight loss from the FRONT. Ever drag raced? Weight you pull out of the rear of a mustang tends to have no effect on ET because you loose traction more easily. I ran my first 12s pass just before leaving the track once... loaded my tools, spare parts, and other junk in the trunk and made the 12s pass at a lower mph after making about 10 low 13s passes for the night.

What the OP is doing? I dunno, but it's his car. Maybe he has a master plan. Gotta take one step at a time.
I have raced seriously but that was during my pushrod, foxbody days. I even stripped all the sound deadening out of that car. Here are a couple videos of that car :) Please note the tire coming off the ground in 2nd gear on the first video. But, I have never seriously drag raced....

I Re-installed the A/C on my 383 Stroker. The lines are plugged until i have lines fabbed this spring. But theres something about having a highly modified car where every button and feature works as intended. This is why i stayed EFI and never threw away my A/C parts.

Just watched the fox videos. Thats sick.

AC on.......or off.....whatever it takes...........................................I would like to know more bout the fox in the video
88 hatch, Aluminum DS, Safety Loop, 6 point cage, 33 spline axles, spool,3.73s, 26inch slicks, subframes, stock front end Car had all creature comforts removed except radio (manual steering and manual brakes) 331 stroker, twisted wedge heads, tfs3 cam, victor jr intake, 750 Double pumper, 100 shot of nitrous

88 hatch, 33 spline axles, spool,3.73s, 26inch slicks, subframes, stock front end Car had all creature comforts removed except radio (manual steering and manual brakes) 331 stroker, twisted wedge heads, tfs3 cam, victor jr intake, 750 Double pumper, 100 shot of nitrous
Car also had a g force t5 in the videos you watched. The 10.95was the best pass i pulled out of the car with the t5 but when i switched to a c4 the car went 10.46