Electrical Power lumbar circuit breaker

KevinV

Jan 9, 2001
I had a previous post regarding my power lumbar not working. I'm back to looking at it. The circuit breaker with the black wire/white stripe is connected to the negative terminal on the solenoid. I assume this is wrong and is why I'm seeing continuity on the circuit but no power. I just wanted to check to be sure in case I'm missing something. Should the circuit breaker be connected to the positive solenoid terminal?

From the evtm, I don't understand why my power windows work but the lumbar and door locks don't work. Maybe something is just different with a 93.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

It was this one. In the mean time I have connected the circuit breaker to the positive terminal and solenoid and everything seems fine.

There is no negative or positive side of the starter solenoid. One side gets constant power and the other side only gets power when you turn the key to “crank” sending power down to the starter.

It appears being on the wrong side meant your power lumbar was powered only when trying to start your car

There is no negative or positive side of the starter solenoid. One side gets constant power and the other side only gets power when you turn the key to “crank” sending power down to the starter.

It appears being on the wrong side meant your power lumbar was powered only when trying to start your car
Yes, I was thinking of the constant power side of the solenoid as positive therefore the other side is negative. But you are obviously right. It seems to be fine now anyway connected to the constant power side. I now would like to get the door locks working. I don't think either side has an actuator in it. I have new one's but didn't install them because I wasn't getting power down to them. Now I should be.