power seat isnt working and im mad

• Sponsors (?)

fuse man

It's almost def the fuse, I had the same prob. w/mine. go and check under the hood, and find the fuse for the driver's seat, i think 30amp. check it out, it's most likely blown. i get a short every once and a while, and just pop the hood and switch the fuse out, and am good to go. hope this helps.

ljinx23 said:
i get a short every once and a while, and just pop the hood and switch the fuse out, and am good to go.

You might want to reconsider this method. Short=fire. I suggest finding the short and fixing the problem. There is a recall on the power seat because of this. The harness is tie wrapped from the factory to the seat frame, and can puncture the harness and short it out and possibly cause a fire. The fix for the recall is to un tie wrap the harness from the seat frame. Perhaps this is your problem, perhaps not.

My power seat only moves forward and back, not up and down. I think burning out the motor(s) is a common problem.

Rick

yellow1995Cobra said:
Yea check the fuse first. The fuse in mine blew, and everytime i would put a new fuse in it would blow immediatly. Turned out a penny had fallen into the cigarette lighter. They are on the same fuse apparently.
LOL the same thing hapenned to me. I guess thats what i get for using the ash tray as a coin holder. :D

yellow1995Cobra said:
Yea check the fuse first. The fuse in mine blew, and everytime i would put a new fuse in it would blow immediatly. Turned out a penny had fallen into the cigarette lighter. They are on the same fuse apparently.

Similar thing happened to me. I eventally had to just unplug the cigarette lighter and just keep the power point on the circuit, and it solved it.