Power steering hose...

A67StangMaster

May 4, 2005
San Jose CA
My power steering hose was laying on the side of my headers while i was driving, when i saw that there was smoke comming out of the hood I pulled over to invetigate what had happend. I found that the Power Steering hose had a hole burnt into it. is there any way I can fix this hole with out buying a new one?

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

You COULD take the hose to a shop and have them cut the hose then crimp connectors onto the hose and screw the 2 new ends together. I think it would provably cost you more then a new hose to do that.

I recommend trying a power steering drop bracket. A friend of mine used one on his 68 Cougar and it worked great for him.

You can also try routing the new hose differently. Do you still have the factory PS bracket the attaches to the motor mount in there or did it get lost over time ?

Assuming you are talking about the high pressure hose, replace it. If you got it hot enough to pop, the rest of the hose in that area is probably pretty well baked also. When you install the new one, try to keep it as far away from the headers possible. I've heard of people using big block hoses also for the extra length, so they can route it better.

Hope this helps