Suspension Power Steering Hydraulic Transfer Line Sizes?

ElijahOBX

Dec 28, 2020
Wyckoff, NJ
I’ve got a 93 GT. Hydraulic transfer line is leaking power steering fluid. I think it’s letting air in the system too. Anyone know the sizes for the hydraulic transfer lines? There’s two of them and I need the sizes for all 4 ends so I can just replace all of them with braided hose.

• Sponsors (?)

The two rack connections are EDIT: wrong size, but sure they are metric

I don’t have a rack in front of me but I would imagine the transfer tube fittings are also metric and probably M14 or m12. You can likely visually compare.

however, those fittings are likely fluid trans fittings and not something a hardware store is likely to hsbe. You’ll need something like this (I don’t know if this is the correct size) to deal with either a banjo seal, or an internal o-ring

I did have a link to a company that was reproducing the rack transfer lines. I’ll see if I can locate

Last edited:
Would be pretty cool.

I’d probably do it with banjo fittings on each end. Get a coat hanger and bend to shape needed and measure. Then have a shop make two lines with appropriate size banjo connections at each end. I’d just test fit the metric banjo bolts first to make sure they are available. Would look pretty cool but never be seen really.

however, by the time you buy all the fittings and line(and your labor to make it) might be cheaper to buy the premade SS lines linked before.