Power Steering Pulley Help

Mustang922

Aug 16, 2014
Hey guys, so I'm running across an issue I stupidly put my power steering pulley on backwards late last night trying to finish up the motor and have been trying to remove it for a while today with a jaw puller but it won't budge. Now this is for a 95 5.0 and not a foxbody but this area gets searched more than the other. Is there anyway I could empty most of the fluid out of my rack and just by pass it with a new belt for the time being until I get a new or maybe would an explorer or v6 pulley fit? Any help would be appreciated because this car wi be driven to North Carolina this Saturday

• Sponsors (?)

You can bypass it short term. You need a special puller. If you used a jaw puller you've already ruined the pulley. Your local parts store rents the puller you need.

measure the distance between the pulley and the face of the pump or bracket so when you reinstall you have the same distance- otherwise your pulley will be misaligned and your belt will squeal/shred.

I did the same dam thing. Lol I had to use a jaw puller and ruined the pulley. Then a got the under drive pulley off ebay. Your belt size will change, but the under drive pulley is much cheaper than a stock one.