Power Steering Pump Relocation Bolts wont fit into GT40 Aluminum Cylinder Heads, Why?

93RiceKillinGT

Jul 15, 2003
somers Ct
I purchased a power steering pump relocation kit for my new 5.0 block which has the GT40 Y303 heads and the bolt hole for the largest bolt on it is bigger than the bolt itself. I noticed on the stock cast iron heads I have on my other block had what looked like a heli coil in the hole for where the bolts thread in for the accessory brackets. Does anyone know of where I can get that part. Im still useing the air injection to keep the emmisions but I cant go any farther with the installation. Please help!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

This might sound rediculous, but check the backs of your heads.

Those inserts not only drop the bolt size down, but they block the air passages. If your heads are on the opposite side of the block, they will be in the back. Might just have to take them out and put them in the front...which you'd need to do anyway to use the smog pump.

The thermactor plugs you will use for the front (same as back) will go to make the head holes smaller so the accessories can bolt up like your power steering stud and one of your bigger alternator bolts that go through you alternator bracket. The back thermactor plugs you will use just block off and delete the smog equipment’s previous hookups. You can get them at a Ford Dealership - part # F4ZZ-6E086-A or you can buy some from Summitracing - part # TFS-51400265 and they run anywhere from $3 to $12 dollars from what I have seen. Summit has them cheaper.

Install them with some high-temp silicone...