Paint and Body Power Stop Z23 Evolution Rotors & Pads

ABC

Feb 28, 2017
Newark, OH
Hey I just installed the Power Stop Z23 rotors/pads set for both axels yesterday, actually Midas did the work, and was wondering what experience the rest of you had with them. I also have MGP 'Mustang/3.7' front/back caliper cover set on there. Everything went as planned thus far except when I went out to the work parking lot for lunch my right/rear rotor has streaks from the pad as well as some clear spotting action all throughout, the right/front has some streaks, the left/rear has minimal streaking, and the front/left has none at all. I've just had these since Saturday and have driven the car 3 times. After the 2nd drive/break-in process the rotors still looked cleaned. Now each one looks different from the next. Anyone have these? And if you still have them did you experience this? Did it go away? Thanks.

P.S. The brakes stop really well.. better than I recall my Mustang braking before. There was just one noise during my 1st stop today, but that's what happens in the rain.

These are my photos the day of after my 2nd drive/break-in = left side front & rear

• Sponsors (?)

Well.. I looked at them this morning and everything was fine! So I guess it does go away. Never mind! Was just worried is all. Thanks for your support. LOL Yeah.. love the brakes yo.

I put Z23's on my Edge and Z26's on my Mustang. Love them. However, did you follow the break-in procedure?

5 moderate to aggressive stops from 40 mph down to 10 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool and do not come to a complete stop. If you're forced to stop, either shift into neutral or give room in front so you can allow the vehicle to roll slightly while waiting for the light. The rotors will be very hot and holding down the brake pedal will allow the pad to create an imprint on the rotor. This is where the judder can originate from.

Then do 5 moderate stops from 35 mph to 5 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool. You should expect to smell some resin as the brakes get hot.

After this is complete, drive around for as long as possible without excessively heating the brakes and without coming to a complete stop (Try for about 5 minutes at moderate speed). This is the cooling stage. It allows the heated resin in the brake pads to cool and cure.

After the brakes have cooled to standard operating temperature, you may use the brakes normally.

I've been using them for a couple seasons now. I hear some squeaks here or there when rolling with light brake pressure, but other than that I have been satisfied. Like spirockp stated above, you have to follow that break-in procedure which can be a hassle depending on your area.