Electrical Power to connector, 3 lock actuators won’t work

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
Ok, so I changed out my passenger door lock actuator after checking the switch and the wiring. I get 12v down to each wire when the lock or unlock is pressed.

When I plug in the actuator, and then press the switches, all I hear is a slight click. This happens with the old actuator, as well as two new ones I have.

I checked from both lock switches, and both switches put 12v down to the plug at passenger actuator.

I haven’t pulled the driver one yet, which also doesn’t work..... could that be causing an issue with the whole circuit?

• Sponsors (?)

After messing around a while with the switches, cleaning them up, and putting them back, I now have “lock” from the drivers switch at the new actuator in passenger door. I really think my problem is the switches. Even though they showed 12v getting to the plug, could it be that once the actuator is plugged in, the switch can’t handle the current with the load on it?

Hate to blow $50 on new switches, but I think that’s where I’m at. These do seem to be original, unless they were replaced with Ford parts at some point.

After messing around a while with the switches, cleaning them up, and putting them back, I now have “lock” from the drivers switch at the new actuator in passenger door. I really think my problem is the switches. Even though they showed 12v getting to the plug, could it be that once the actuator is plugged in, the switch can’t handle the current with the load on it?

Hate to blow $50 on new switches, but I think that’s where I’m at. These do seem to be original, unless they were replaced with Ford parts at some point.
What ended up happening? Having similar issues.

Just saw your new post and it reminded me I never responded.... sorry. When I changed my passenger actuator, it worked fine until I ran the wires properly to allow door panel installation. It was then barely enough to make the connection, and now it’s pulling on the actuator causing it or the metal rods to bind (I think)
It was one of those days, so that’s how it stayed and havnt looked at it since!
So to answer the question...... nothing has happened yet..... hopefully one day soon! Lol