Power window motor

Ok ladies Is this going to be a easy job or do I have to pull out the whole damn thing.......My driverside motor gave out last night I was fortunate to :bang: bang on the motor and pull up at the same time to get it up ...It sound like someone shot it...any ways can I remove the few nut's, prop up the window with something so the gears do not move and take out the motor.......? Any body out there with the same issue

• Sponsors (?)

Remove the door mounted speaker & the upholstery panel to gain access to the motor. There are 3 screws (5/16" hex head, I think) that secure the motor in place. Remove them and the motor comes out without any problems. Once you remove all the screws from the motor, and it falls away from the gear teeth on the arm for the glass, the glass will move up and down. You may need a helper to hold the glass once the motor screws are out, since the gear on the motor holds the glass from sliding up or down

The motor is the same for left side or right side, only the gearboxes are different. If you can't find the complete assembly for the side you want, you can get either side and use the old gearbox on the new motor.

When you first do it you will notice that after you take out the bolts, the motor may still be somewhat firmly attached to the door. Its hard to explain, but the gear on the motor has a dowel-thing that protudes maybe an 8th of an inch. Make sure that when you reinstall the new one it seats properly...you will see it when you take the whole thing apart. Good luck, its not too bad.