Power window problem. Bushings?

sixt9coug

Sep 30, 2009
Norwalk SoCal
I haz problem.

Short and sweet - window goes down normally but keeps running and clicks and skips when its down. I raise it up and it hangs up part way and I have to manually assist it to get it the rest of the way up.

Don't believe me? Vids because it does happen ;)

YouTube - 1994 mustang power window problem

Are the bushings the most likely culprit? Motor? Regulator? I know its nothing serious (thank god my AC works) but I would like to have my window work properly and not get stuck halfway one day lol.

• Sponsors (?)

More than likely, yes the bushings are the problem. My windows did the same thing, replaced the bushings and haven't had a problem since. Use search function and there is a write-up on how to do it, might also be in the sticky section. Good luck.

Yeah I used the search engine, but I wasn't sure if what mine is doing qualifies as the 'clicking' that everyone else heard. Mine was just continuing to run on.

Either way, I bought some bushings and grease. Tomorrow I'll fix it after work. $10.18 for the grease and bushings after tax! Woot!

Had garlic.

Fixed it and now all is right with the world.

48e83994.jpg

D'oh!
Didn't get it. It started doing it again on the way to work this morning. Oh well, maybe I did something wrong, so I bought MORE bushings and some better grease for them. If this doesn't work, maybe I'll just get a new motor. I just have to rule out my own screw ups first.

Forget the bushings. I used 1/4-20 hex nuts. The bushings are supposed to help cushion the drive mechanism. I dont need cusion, I need stuff to work!!! I used the nuts and the next time my motors dont work, I will know I need new motors b/c there is no way the nuts will break. I went through 2 sets of bushings before I switced to the nuts. No issues so far and motors are strong as ever. I LOVE the mechanical sound the window motor makes. HAHA! Just my advice.