power window problem on 01 v6 stang

dachsn1

Feb 16, 2011
ihave a window problem. driver side only works when it wants one day will work for several days then stop for a day and so on. when window is not working it can be halfway up or in any position and when i press up nothing but when i press down i hear a click. i swapped the pass side and driver side switch and both worked fine on the pass side window but neither worked on driver side. i then wired the window motor directly to the battery and a ground in forward(up)and reverse(down) position and worked just fine.so to recap its not the switch ,the motor, the regulator, nor anything hindering the window! only thought is that it may be the relay? fuses are fine also. i am a first time poster so excuse my lack of moderation on length. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have looked at all other threads on this issue and my problem is different. thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

have you look a the rails/rods the do the moveing of the window, may need cleaning out, regreased, or some work, stange as it sounds, something could have gotten bend in there or stuck in the track causeing the window to stop, or may be a wirering the insulation may look good but wire inside is broke apart, just some things to check