powerdyne install issues

fidstang

Jul 19, 2005
South Lansing
I posted in the power adder section but no responses so I figured I'd get faster responses here.

Powerdyne problems
I am currently installing my powerdyne kit and have ran into a few problems.
1- the aluminum discharger tube is too long.
2- I don't have a smog pump so now my alternator has only one point to mount to and the other point was where the smog pump was supposed to be. Any ideas or solutions on this?
3- Where is the best place to run the bypass vaccum line from? I was thinking from the intake upper just after the throttle body. I have the Edelbrock RPM II intake.
4- the damn AC line that runs from the compressor to the front of the radiator and the fuel pressure gauge I have on the fuel line is in the way of the supercharger inlet elbow.

• Sponsors (?)

My discharge tube was a little too long as well. I had to cut a little bit off of mine

Your going to need to buy a smog pump eliminator set-up for it to work. Either get one from ASP or UPR.

Any vacuum sorce will work for the bypass valve, I think mine is tee'd off of the vacuum tree on the firewall.

Not sure on the A/C line. I don't have a Powerdyne any more, but here's a pic of my Vortech set-up. Maybe it will help
View attachment 447042

Mike92GT said:
My discharge tube was a little too long as well. I had to cut a little bit off of mine

Your going to need to buy a smog pump eliminator set-up for it to work. Either get one from ASP or UPR.

Any vacuum sorce will work for the bypass valve, I think mine is tee'd off of the vacuum tree on the firewall.

Not sure on the A/C line. I don't have a Powerdyne any more, but here's a pic of my Vortech set-up. Maybe it will help
View attachment 447022

Nice engine compartment! Looks real clean! :nice: