Predator DS Downloader - just for revisions or ???

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
Dunedin, FL
OK, so I took the plunge for my wife's ailing tune bought a 2nd hand Predator - pretty impressed so far, I must say. (PropellerHead is probably gonna come over here and smack me upside the head for as many bad things that I had said about this tool, and I probably deserve it...oh well, live and learn...(truth be told, I think he's since switched to SCT...?!?! - both great products.)
Anyway, what is this DS Downloader used for? I mean, I just started playing with it and did a revision upgrade and uploaded the original tune to the PC. But what do I do with it from there? If I click on 'Edit Tune', it does nothing. Does this Downloader simply allow you to store tunes on the PC, but not let you do anything else with them (on the PC)???
The 01 runs great, btw - very happy with it.

• Sponsors (?)

tuner

The DS Downloader app allows you to upload/download customized tunes for you car. The "canned" tune that comes preloaded on the Predator is pretty weak and only marginally better than the stock on on the Mustang. Not to mention many feel it's not a "safe" tune.

Checkout www.injectedracing.com or www.diablosporttuning.com for custom tunes. They will probably run you around $75-$100 and will be based on your mods. You email them the cars stock tune, they tweak it based on your mods, they email it back and you load it into the Predator to flash the computer on your car.

The DS Downloader app allows you to upload/download customized tunes for you car. The "canned" tune that comes preloaded on the Predator is pretty weak and only marginally better than the stock on on the Mustang. Not to mention many feel it's not a "safe" tune.

Checkout www.injectedracing.com or www.diablosporttuning.com for custom tunes. They will probably run you around $75-$100 and will be based on your mods. You email them the cars stock tune, they tweak it based on your mods, they email it back and you load it into the Predator to flash the computer on your car.

Correct, the Diablo tunes are essentially not user-adjustable outside of a Diablo CMR dealer equipped with the appropriate software. Injected Racing provided me with a excellent custom tune based on several sessions of dyno/datalogging information from my car, rather than a tune simply based on a list of mods.