Predator use question - diagnostics

I did a search, but didn't see owt on this -

I am almost done doing exhaust mods (X pipe, headers, mufflers) and will be putting the C&L mass air intake along with a new tb this w/e and want to make sure that these breathing aids do not jack my a/f ratios. I will, of course, be installing Diablo's C&L tune for the intake, but have to assume it's a tune based upon simply changing the air intake.

I don't know if the other mods will affect a/f appreciably, but would like to play it safe, rather than sorry and keep an eye of the a/f ratios whilst driving. Does anyone know if this can be done with the Predator? If so, how (I scanned the Predators owners manual and nothing jumped out at me)?

Thanks.

ps, has anyone else done similar/same mods? If so, do you know what you're a/f changed to?

• Sponsors (?)

You can log and/or watch the O2 sensor voltages (which correlates to a/f ratios), as well as long and short term fuel trims and some other parameters. I would expect the headers to cause some leanness, which the computer should be able to compensate for in closed-loop mode, I would be a bit concerned about WOT a/f, however. Narrowband O2 sensors are notoriously inaccurate when they are cold or very hot, and will basically read rich or lean outside a small range of a/f.

I have a wideband O2 sensor with a digital readout on my dash that's accurate all the time. It's cheap peace of mind for me.

delurker said:
You can log and/or watch the O2 sensor voltages (which correlates to a/f ratios), as well as long and short term fuel trims and some other parameters. I would expect the headers to cause some leanness, which the computer should be able to compensate for in closed-loop mode, I would be a bit concerned about WOT a/f, however. Narrowband O2 sensors are notoriously inaccurate when they are cold or very hot, and will basically read rich or lean outside a small range of a/f.

I have a wideband O2 sensor with a digital readout on my dash that's accurate all the time. It's cheap peace of mind for me.

Interesting. How much, bought and installed? I think that may be the smart way to go.