Price Guesstimate for Auto to 5 spd?

• Sponsors (?)

If you're talking about paying someone else to do the labor, it'd be cheaper to trade your car in.

I'm not saying that to be a prick, just to be honest. If you go to a dealer or mechanic for this, I can't see it costing less than $2000. Probably more. For that kind of money you could pull your mods off and just swap the car for a manual. Less potential reliability issues that way too.

Supraman9414 said:
ive got a 2001 Gt vert and its a 5speed :shrug:

I'm sure being a GT it's a different story than a V6.

My V6 is an auto because it's almost impossible to find a used V6 5spd. Much less a convertible.
I'm sure you could order a V6 'vert with a 5spd. But that would be a lot of trouble, and so much for haggling with the dealer. And who wants an '04 anyway? The '05s are almost out(Of course it'll be almost a year from now before we see the new convertibles). :shrug:

Ford decided to do a really annoying situation here. They figured that if someone wants a v6, they just want it for show, therefore they won't want an automatic. It's also a little more challanging to drive standard with the top down (at least from the one I drove). So on the v6 they accustomed it to the average idiiot. They kept the GT package on a standard....Geesh I just wish I had the money to do that!