Priority Code

dlfjr1

Mar 31, 2005
Back on Jan 13 2005, I ordered a GT Mustang convertible. I ordered everything possible in it.

-IUP
-Shaker 1000
-17 inch wheels w/ Polished aluminum rims.

Ever since I got the 800 number, I have been calling and the tell me all the time that it is clean and unscheduled. One day I got brave and went through to an analyst. I acted all professional and acted as if I were the dealer checking on a customer order. I gave all of the info needed. I have done this 3 times.

1. They told me that there was a lack of commodities for the IUP and that was holding it up. A couple of weeks it should be scheduled.

2. They told me the same thing.

3. Today I called and they told me the same thing, but the guy on the other end said that these cars that have IUP are being scheduled if they have a priority of 10. I was told that it was set at priority code 19, kind of high. The guy said that I could go in to concepts the online status check for Ford and up the priority to 10.

When I talked to my dealer brfore this guy, he just said there was a short supply on the IUP and we would have to wait it out.

Is the dealer trying to screw me or what?

Does it effect anything if he ups me from a 19 to a 10?

Does he lose alottment or something?

Should I confront him and tell him what I know and see if he will do it and if not threaten to pull my order.

The guy more a less told me that if the car was a 10 that it would be scheduled.

I know I have rambled, but can someone help me? :(

• Sponsors (?)

How Ford Ordering Process Works

This appeared several times in the last three months. Ah, well, maybe it can make it to a sticky along with the 800 # info!

This link is from an F-150 forum, but it describes the Ford ordering process in great detail; including how the priority codes work. (in a nutshell; the priority code only matters when compared to other orders from the same dealer. comparing priority codes between dealers is like comparing ExCon to a BMW - you just can't do it!)

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127481

Got mine last weekend

I ordered a loaded vert jan 25 and already have 300 miles on it. It was ordered with a 80 priority, this number only seems to have some weight when figured in with the dealers allocation. Just hang on, the vert is worth the wait.DB

You should have seen what i saw Being unloaded from a car transport at the Hertz Car Rental lot at the Airport. Six GT Verts , Windviel Blue, Screaming yellow Mineral Grey, Black, Redfire, and White all with black ragtops. at first I thought they must be sixes but i saw them later and they all had the fogs. If it wasn't so cold I would rent one this weekend.

BrewTownVert said:
This appeared several times in the last three months. Ah, well, maybe it can make it to a sticky along with the 800 # info!

This link is from an F-150 forum, but it describes the Ford ordering process in great detail; including how the priority codes work. (in a nutshell; the priority code only matters when compared to other orders from the same dealer. comparing priority codes between dealers is like comparing ExCon to a BMW - you just can't do it!)

http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127481

the info in that thread may or may not be accurate. lets assume it is, how do you know your dealers lowest used priority is 40? he told you? :rlaugh: now if your dealer gives you a 10, you KNOW you got the correct priority and will get you car. if you trust the above info, can you trust your dealer? and why would he use a priority system that starts with 40 instead of 10 like most others anyway? if you don't get priority 10 ----------be worried.

damnisityellow said:
the info in that thread may or may not be accurate. lets assume it is, how do you know your dealers lowest used priority is 40? he told you? :rlaugh: now if your dealer gives you a 10, you KNOW you got the correct priority and will get you car. if you trust the above info, can you trust your dealer? and why would he use a priority system that starts with 40 instead of 10 like most others anyway? if you don't get priority 10 ----------be worried.

no arguments with that at all! the thread is allegedly from a dealer employee in charge of maintaining their orders with ford. the info fits with much of what we have heard/experienced/seen with our own car purchases, so i believe that it is accurate. but, as you point out, the big question is whether you can trust the dealer. i think most people have an inherent distrust of auto dealers. and while i think there are trustworthy dealers out there, there are enough stories around to give that mistrust some credit.

Hey Brewtown-My first order ($1000 deposit) for redfire gt vert went in 03-03 w/ 40 priority; 2nd order went in 03-24 ($0.00 deposit) w/ a 10 priority.

The first one has never even been entered into the system. My 2nd order has been C/U until today. Now it is "order has been serialized; awaiting schedule date".

How significant a change is this; should I start planning for my new baby?

Anyone who has birthed their stang have an opinion?

topless beach said:
Hey Brewtown-My first order ($1000 deposit) for redfire gt vert went in 03-03 w/ 40 priority; 2nd order went in 03-24 ($0.00 deposit) w/ a 10 priority.

The first one has never even been entered into the system. My 2nd order has been C/U until today. Now it is "order has been serialized; awaiting schedule date".

How significant a change is this; should I start planning for my new baby?

Anyone who has birthed their stang have an opinion?

wow - seven days from order to serialized? i definitely went with the wrong dealer! i'm exactly a month from order and still c/u. :bang: :bang: :bang:

i don't know how long it will be to go from serialized to actually getting a vin and a build date, but will guess you should have that w/in a week. from past posts it looks like build dates are generally about four weeks out from when you first get serialized, then add one to three plus weeks for delivery. you might have your car for memorial day weekend! (i'm SOOOO jealous - my salesguy told me yesterday that i'm '8-1/2 weeks from delivery' - but i think he's just blowin air up my skirt since the 800 # still says c/u)

congrats!

The robot lady now tells me that as of 03-31 my "build date is sched for the week of April 18".

Now I want to know when I get a VIN #.

It's amazing the difference a dealer makes. The one who put this order in for me took no deposit; honored x-plan and gave me a signed DORA. Order went in 03-24 and I have a build date less than 2 weeks later.

My first order has not even gotten to "clean & unscheduled yet". This is all luck on my part because I know no one at either dealer.

Ordered mine 3/7, so exactly 4 weeks today. Still c/u as of 3/31. Dealer told me I had a priority code of 10, which pleased me. I guess the single biggest factor, though, is allocation. I wish there were some way to know your dealer's allocation, like an online database. Even just a listing of Ford dealers in certain areas by size (since you'd generally expect the bigger dealers to have greater allocation).

I ordered from an out-of-state dealer, whose lot I've never been to or seen. I have no idea if this is a mega dealer or a mom and pop shop. I wish I knew how many orders were in front of mine (b/c my impression is that it goes by priority code then by date, so if 3 people ordered GTs in front of me, but the dealer gave us all a 10 Priority Code, I'd still be 4th in line.

Anyone know of any resources to help figure out the allocation question? I doubt the dealer will just tell me. I just don't want to be in one of those situations where the dealer has an allocation of 10 cars left for the year and has placed 40 orders. That's the real screw-you that some (particularly smaller) dealers have apparently been giving us consumers. That's just :mad: n my opinion.

The whole thing seems to be indecipherable to me. My first order went to "the biggest volume mustang dealer" in the state of Ga. I thought they would have better allocations--got a 40 priority-6 weeks later my order is not even C/U yet.

2nd order went to a dealer 2 hrs south of Atlanta I had no clue about.

Just Ordered

OK, so I finally got to order my new GT. satin silver with everything but the 1000 watt stereo and the aluminum wheels. Got an x-plan and a 10 on my order code from a smaller dealer about an hour out of town. But, I have questions. Should they have given me a copy of the DORA and what is that 800 #?

topless beach said:
The robot lady now tells me that as of 03-31 my "build date is sched for the week of April 18".

Now I want to know when I get a VIN #.

It's amazing the difference a dealer makes. The one who put this order in for me took no deposit; honored x-plan and gave me a signed DORA. Order went in 03-24 and I have a build date less than 2 weeks later.

My first order has not even gotten to "clean & unscheduled yet". This is all luck on my part because I know no one at either dealer.

we are all not scum, but i know its hard to find a dealer you trust.congrats on your order, price and priority.

as a warning about whats to come-----------our orders are not being pulled by ford as quick as they were. a gt convertible i ordered has been in the order bank fo two weeks! from this point forward i will recommend waiting for 06.for the first time since introduction, our cars are not arriving or can't be guaranteed to arrive on time. we were selling an average of 8 a week, now that average is 2.5, only because we can no longer get any gt's and i am not telling my customers i can get their car on time. allocation has ben reached. :(

I ordered our V6 Premium on 03/28....I have a copy of the VOC and the lady says C&U. My priority code is 13. Dealer said 6-8 weeks.

I have no reason to think that the dealer would not be fairly accurate with the ETA, being an ordered V6, they arent making a whole bunch of money and this is a small dealer that relys on referrals and repeat customers as opposed to a large volume, next-to-the-freeway type mega-dealer.

Any thoughts?

damnisityellow said:
we are all not scum, but i know its hard to find a dealer you trust.congrats on your order, price and priority.

as a warning about whats to come-----------our orders are not being pulled by ford as quick as they were. a gt convertible i ordered has been in the order bank fo two weeks! from this point forward i will recommend waiting for 06.for the first time since introduction, our cars are not arriving or can't be guaranteed to arrive on time. we were selling an average of 8 a week, now that average is 2.5, only because we can no longer get any gt's and i am not telling my customers i can get their car on time. allocation has ben reached. :(
Yellow-do you think some of the mech kinks will be out of the 06 stangs?

I have a build date, but like you said it may be a while before it is built. I would wait for an 06 if I thought there was any real benefit.

damnisityellow said:

When I called Ford yestorday, the robot lady informed me that the my color option has been holding down cars. Is that true? I didn't really want the my color option I wanted the Red leather seats. I wish there was a way to get the seats without the my color option. Any suggestions? :rolleyes: