Pro M 80mm - Worth it to replace C&L 76mm?

Green Machine

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2001
Lakeland Florida
Ok, I've got a C&L 76mm MAF and inlet tube for 24lb injectors. Also have a Eldelbrock 70mm TB, see sig for more details. Last dyno run net'd ~270.99 / 305. That was with a A/F @ 13.8. Since then I've gotten a new AFPR and got the fuel pressure back down to 31 lbs.

Would it be worth it adding the Pro M 80mm shorty to the mix or is the hp gain not worth the money?

Hopefully this year I can have Ed do a custom grind and also I'll fresh'en up the pistons / rings etc at that time the cam is added. It'll probably be better to wait for the cam, but I can get good deal on the Pro M right now. What ya think ?

Thanks,Dewman:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

That is a tough call!

My first thought would be ..................

might not be much difference between them without a tune.

I guess if you have found a good deal like you say ......................

You could always keep which one you like
and
sell the other to recover the money spent on the ProM.

Grady

Green Machine said:
That sounds like a good plan. :D

I have a feeling that the Pro M would respond to a tune better than the C&L, given how the C&L fools the computer.

Thanks Grady, I appreciate the input.

Just so you know :D

ProM fools the pcm as well :eek:

They just do it with a different method :)

Let us know which maf works out better for you!

Grady

I was able to call PMAS today, and spoke with one of there tech.'s I explained what I had in bolt on's etc. He was very confident that with my combo the Pro M 80mm would flow more air and most likely add 5 rwhp across the entire rpm range.

So we'll see. I'll probably keep the C&L because eventually I'll need to get the Pro M recalibrated for bigger injectors when I do the Pro Charger install and I can put the C&L back on while I wait. :D

Later, Dewman