Probably a stupid question, but after my Xpipe install...

dro

May 25, 2003
Birmingham, AL
Visit site
After my xpipe install should i get my car retuned? My friend who helped me put it on when we were letting it idle put his hand down to feel the air comin out of the tailpipe and it was really hot. And it is kinda hot to the touch as it comes out, but i dont know how it felt before. Think this could have made the car run more lean? And as i was driving it i dont know if it was detonation but i think i heard a pop but it could have very well been the Xpipe rasp sound. Input?

• Sponsors(?)

NastyStang113

Sep 12, 2008
Florida
If you don't have cats anymore than yes it needs to be tuned to get rid of the CEL that will pop up. Otherwise you're okay.

NastyStang113

Sep 12, 2008
Florida
Did he turn off your rear 02 sensors in the tune? Do you have a CEL? How long have you been driving around without the cats?

kooldawg6

mine works really well and can take a fair amount
Aug 31, 2006
Central VA
You should be fine since you got your tune from Doug. His tunes make the computer overlook the rear O2 sensors.

UrbanRedneck

Mar 27, 2008
There is no need for a tune, other than removing the CEL. The exhaust is supposed to be hot, it is comming from a cylinder of pressurized burning fuel. ANd the pop is characteristic of offroad exhaust, it is backfiring. Detonation would feel more like vibration and sounds kibda like a can of marbles being shaken.