Probably The Last Used Mustang I Will Ever Buy.

Davon Ervin

Mar 27, 2017
I brought a used 06 mustang GT at 90k miles for a great deal. I did inspect the car fairly well! I now have 115k miles and I have not had one problem yet *knock on wood* but I do notice little hiccups on the car that do not affect performance but I am concerned! I'm 19 years old and This is my daily driver. I am going to install cams soon and I noticed this black stuff caked up around one bolt on the left passenger side cam cover bolt :/ I'm sure this cannot be good! Can anybody give me an idea of what I should do?

Attachments

• IMG_1071.JPG
    IMG_1071.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1072.JPG
    IMG_1072.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 219
  • Sponsors (?)

When you change the cams-you will replace the valve cover gaskets,and that little problem will go away :D

All kidding aside-that looks to be a little oil seepage that's built up over the last 100K miles-I'd clean it up and check that spot every once in awhile. I'd also look for other spots. And if you really are changing cams soon-the new VC gaskets will stop the seepage

When you change the cams-you will replace the valve cover gaskets,and that little problem will go away :D

All kidding aside-that looks to be a little oil seepage that's built up over the last 100K miles-I'd clean it up and check that spot every once in awhile. I'd also look for other spots. And if you really are changing cams soon-the new VC gaskets will stop the seepage

Thank you! I was really worried about this being a big problem. I plan to supercharge and put Down 500 rwhp in the near future but now I'm thinking this might be a bad idea and I should trade the 3v in for a 5.0 or an 08 Shelby. I Appreciate the help man!