Probe Mfg Engine Kits? What Do You Think Of Them?

williet57

Apr 3, 2005
I am looking at a 1992 Convert that is an automatic and has a 347 ci engine which the owner has the paper work that this engine has the Probe Mfg Stroker Kit. To be honest I have never heard of this mfg. Being new to the Fox Body hunt wondering is this a good engine kit?I looked it up on the net and Summit sell it anlong with other locations in Central Ohio

The price is right. Am going to go look at it probably this weekend or next week and need to some of you members to comment about this kit >Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

They make great pistons. Probe and coast high performance are the same company. I ordered my Scat kit through them. I was going back and forth between the scat and the probe. The salesman, who works for probe/coast high, recommended the scat kit over the probe. That being said, I would be more concerned over who assembled the motor.

Joe

As Joe said, Probe/CHP make quality parts. Mark ONeal from CHP is well known in the undustry and an excellent engine builder. I would see what the specs are on the parts- compression, bore, etc. and also what other parts went into the build such as cam, heads, rockers.