Problem getting all 8 injectors working

HemiRick

I'd be looking at jacking under the house
Jun 28, 2020
Memphis TN
I'm installing a MS Ver 2.2 with a F60 adapter board on my 89 LX 5.0. I'm having the worst luck w getting it to run on all 8, I've gotten 2 and 4 cyls....I'm having problems w the injector wiring. Does anyone have a diagram of injector wiring to the F60?
Thanks
Rick

• Sponsors (?)

Yes MS2 CPU
It wired w injector pairs connected in middle section of the F60 board pins 52(inj 8),59 (inj 2) are tied
42 (7) , 15 (6) are tied
14 (5), 12 (3) are tied
58 (1), 13 (4) are tied
bank 1 wires MS pin 32 to 58
33 to 15
Bank 2 wires MS pin 34 to 12
35 to 59

OH BTW this is my latest config its has not been tested yet as my starter died.....got new starter and ready to test again.

Attachments

• 2020-08-26_22.14.15.msq
    30.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I am not understanding how you have it wired. Are you saying it is wired like this

52-59 bank2
42-15 bank1
14-12 bank2
58-13 bank1

Your firmware is so old I had to download a file, please update the firmware.
Below is the diagram I used to verify pinout, if so then I see nothing wrong with the wiring at first glance

1598965944814.png

Yes you understand that is how it is wired.

When you say firmware are you referring to the ver 2.92? When I looked for newer the site I found seemed to indicate this was the best for my purposes.....if not what should I be running?

installed 3.4.3 when I load my tune I get a boatload of errors (bunch of units mismatched) and it refuses to run.....What do I do to fix this? Can you point me to good starting tune file for a 89 5.0 w nothing but external mods. (explorer intake, 65 MM TB, pulleys) When I load the tune file found on the web for the 93 Mustang I get a map sampling error that I dont know how to fix.

Last edited:
I am surprised it ran before if you only had a few injectors firing. [not possible]

have you tried unplugging the injectors and using testmodes to fire the injector outputs and test with a noid light?

I will check the injector wiring but now my problem is the tune. It wont even run on the stim.....What do I do about the errors when I load my tune? It entirely possible for a V8 to run on 2 or 4 cyl I've seen it w my own eyes.

I've downloaded the 93 Mustang tune file and loaded it and get a map sampling error I dont know how to fix....it is attached

Attachments

• usdm-ford-mustang-8893-5_0-mt.msq
    78.6 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I can't get injector test mode working.....after I hit burn it says page 3 failed. The start button on the test panel is grayed out.
Cycling power after the burn command gets an error about trying 3 times to write but failing. Were are some current instructions for injector test mode, everything I find w google is old an out of date.

OK I figured out that my start button was greyed out because the FP was not on. The software thinks the FP must be on for the injectors to get power. Since a Mustang is not wired this way, I had to install a hidden fuel pump cut off switch. (put switch in red/black wire to FP) Now Test mode should work for me and I should be able to figure out my injector wiring screw up w/o filling the engine w fuel.

Been a while, just yesterday finally did some digging and figured out that 4 of my injectors are wired to both banks, Whoops. Once I get the wiring sorted I should be running w my MS soon, then I can put in the 24 lb injectors it needs. It's going to rain the next few days, great weather for fixing wiring.

Had some time to look at my cable and the 2 injector driver circuits are isolated from each other..(Bank 1 set to run #2,3,5,8 and bank 2 #1,6,7,4)...the connection between the 2 banks only happens when the cable is plugged into the car..(the connection happens on 4 cyls #1,4,5,8)...This seems impossible to me, (I'm assuming that like the wiring dia. I have shows each inj ground is wired separately back to the ECU which seems necessary for factory sequential injection) anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
The test showing me 4 injectors were connected to both banks was done w the ECU unplugged. Just plugging in my adapter harness to the car. It seemed to me problem had to be in the adapter, but it checks out fine. Was just a simple continuity test.....unplugged each injector and probed the neg. wire and searched for continuity between the ECU end of my adapter cable. 2 injectors were on bank 1, 2 injectors were on bank 2 and 4 were on both.

Last edited: