Problem installing Steeda dead pedal.

I have a little problem, the bolt that is used to hold the bracket does not want to losen. I used a 13mm closed end wrench and a 12" pipe and couldn't break it free. Did any of you run into this and if so what was the fix?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

As much as it sounds funny installing the dead pedal was a huge PITA. You wouldn't think it, it sounds so easy but no, that bolt is a complete bitch to work with. I ended up using a box wrench because I couldn't get my ratchet in there and even then it took me more than an hour to back that bolt out far enough to get the bracket in, it was all my strength to move it an inch at a time. I have no idea why it was so hard to back out, it tightened up fine after the fact and rest easy in that it looks and works well when it's done.

I do have a couple complaints about the dead pedal and then the other Steeda pedal kits too and I hope they see this.

First off, why don't they predrill the holes for the deadpedal on the bracket? I mounted the pedal and it seems fine where it is but I think maybe it could go down another 1/4 or so of an inch. I could redrill it but it's pretty hard to see how the pedal is going to fit with your foot when you can't 100% mount the bracket ahead of time and keep the pedal on there aside from maybe taping it up.

Secondly and this goes for both the pedal kits. WORK ON YOUR DAMN DOCUMENTATION!!! It was terrible, especially the brake/gas pedal kit, it wasn't even remotely accurate or up to date for what I was shipped, thankfully I'm a troubleshooter by nature but there was a few points going, hmm I wonder if this is really the way.

Thank you Cowtown, man I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one! I didn't want to snap the bolt and didn't have time to mess with it, so I'll try again later.
I didn't drill holes in the bracket yet, cuz I wanted to get the bracket in first to see how high or low the pedal needed to be. My first thought looking at the bracket was "What the hell, they didn't predrill any holes in this".