Problem starting a 98 stang

memcad

Jan 18, 2004
I got a '98 6 cylinder; and I drove the car without a problem today, came to my apartment for like 40 minutes and then I tried to go to get something and start the car, the RPM wehere like 500 or 600 and the car was shaking, I tried to accelerate but nothing happens and the car shut down. I tried to start again like 4 times but I couldn't. I left the car for 2 hours and tried to start it again and this time it start like normally, I've been driving the car after that without any problem but I don't want to have any problems in the future, any ideas of what happen??????

• Sponsors (?)

memcad said:
I got a '98 6 cylinder; and I drove the car without a problem today, came to my apartment for like 40 minutes and then I tried to go to get something and start the car, the RPM wehere like 500 or 600 and the car was shaking, I tried to accelerate but nothing happens and the car shut down. I tried to start again like 4 times but I couldn't. I left the car for 2 hours and tried to start it again and this time it start like normally, I've been driving the car after that without any problem but I don't want to have any problems in the future, any ideas of what happen??????

Probably IAC Valve. Check it out. Some people say clean it, others say get a new one. Try cleaning it first, if that helps you will be replacing it later.
Also might have been a fuel filter problem? Air intake problem? All are things you might want to look at.

Doc :flag: