Mach 1 Problem with '03 Mach 1

Redbaron93

Founding Member
Apr 2, 2001
Union Grove,AL
I've had my Mach 1 for 5 weeks and 3 times during this time frame while driving down the highway at around 60mph it feels like it loses power, I can press the gas pedal to the floor and the car will not increase in speed. Let off the gas with the car in gear and there's a drastic drop in speed. Not like your normal slow down. Anyone have any ideas? Took it by the dealership today, they hooked up to the computer with no luck. By the way it's a 5 speed car.

• Sponsors (?)

All I can say is that just doesn't sound good! As a wild guess, it sounds almost like the traction control is kicking in when it isn't needed. That thing almost threw me through the windshield on a couple of occassions. Other than that, hope you get to the bottom of whatever it is that's causing the problem and can get it fixed! :nice:

RedBaron said:
There have been a couple of people who have suggested the traction control as a source to my problem. Could you give a little more detail as to the problem you were having?

Sure, I've had a couple of instances where eventhough I had turned the TC off (amber light was lit), I stepped on the gas, causing some minor wheelspin, and WHAM, might have thought I slammed on the brakes! Turns out the TC was not disengaging when I pressed the button. What I do now is a double cycle, turn off, turn back on, turn off again, and I haven't had the problem again. Like I said, I don't know if this is even remotely related to what you are experiencing, but it's just something to check for.

Not to start a crap fight, but I was glad to see this post. Dont get me wrong, I hope you get it worked out; however, there have been plenty of guys on this site that say GM Quality Control stinks due to some bad sensors (an example is the steering lock in the C5's). People seem to forget that ford has its problems too. Just wanted to say that. Good luck with the fix.

I not dumb enough to think any vehicle is infalible, they all have their problems, just some more than others. A lot of the problems are self induced, not taking care of your vehicle. My car just happens to have 2300 miles on it and I have a problem that has people baffled.

I've posted there and just about everywhere else I can think of. Probably going to see if my dealership can reflash the computer for me. Found out tonight that my car has a lithium battery and taking the cables off won't clear the computer.

RedBaron said:
I not dumb enough to think any vehicle is infalible, they all have their problems, just some more than others. A lot of the problems are self induced, not taking care of your vehicle. My car just happens to have 2300 miles on it and I have a problem that has people baffled.

I understand. Goodluck with the problem.