Problem with cold starts

zeevann

Apr 15, 2007
Ok, so heres the problem the best way i can describe it. After my 97 gt sits for 8 hours, sometimes less, my car starts wierd. It either seems like is flooding or not getting enough gas. I have to stomp on the gas to get it from stalling out. Ive changd fuel filter, coolant temp sensor, fuel regulator, and ran fuel system cleaner through my car. It has a custom tune, mac exhaust, and thats it for mods. Am i missing something. Please help:D

• Sponsors (?)

Ya, get rid of your custom tune and report back.

This is why I run PMS on my Notch, I don't rely on other goon's to tune my stuff on an 80 degree day when I happen to take it out on a 40 degree sunny Sunday morning.

If she sneezes a tad, I add a bit more fuel to the idle, add a point to start up if need be and visa versa.

The only Ford flaw I know of is that the IACV likes to stick on em once and a while, make sure it is clean and all related passages are clean.

http://forums.stangnet.com/763016-car-problems.html

See Chris's response.

i put it back to stock and it seemed to go away, ive only had the one cold start like that though. This sucks because earlier i made my own tune because i suspected it was the tune, but evey time i start by choosing the fuel for 93, because thats what im running, it pings like an SOB. Whats a good baseline to start at if this is the prob?:shrug: