Problem with the climate control system fan

Before I take it to the dealership and ask them to take a look at it I thought I would first ask here if anyone else has had a simular problem and knows of a simple fix. The problem is that the 3rd setting no longer works. The fan strength is the same as the 2nd setting. While not a big problem it is a bit annoying and I am afraid it might be a sign of a bigger problem. Anyone have any sugestions before I take it in?

Edit: Please forgive the title's type-o :p

EDIT (svttech76) repaired thread title to make it easier to understand

• Sponsors (?)

Reimann said:
Before I take it to the dealership and ask them to take a look at it I thought I would first ask here if anyone else has had a simular problem and knows of a simple fix. The problem is that the 3rd setting no longer works. The fan strength is the same as the 2nd setting. While not a big problem it is a bit annoying and I am afraid it might be a sign of a bigger problem. Anyone have any sugestions before I take it in?

Edit: Please forgive the title's type-o :p

you need a blower fan resistor

svttech76 said:
it takes about 5 minutes to put one in, so they should be able to fix it while you wait..

as far as warrenty coverage, if it's the new car warrenty then yeah it covered, and most extended warrenties will cover that too.

Thanks! If that's the case I think I'll wait till Monday to have it taken care of. I live in Indianapolis and this is Brickyard weekend. The traffic out there is murder!