Problems - Door locks, power windows, mirrors

_An

Dec 25, 2012
Morrisville, NC
Evenin'

I'd like to wade around and see if these are easy fixes:

1. Door locks
Key works to lock and unlock but buttons inside do nothing.
2. Power windows
Driver side window rolls up and down but the switches are backwards. Up button makes the window go down and down makes the window go up. Also when it does go up and down it is obviously not guided properly.
3. Power mirrors do not work.

Is there a way to test the switches for any of these?
I put the driver side window switch in upside down thinking that would fix it but that did nothing.

• Sponsors (?)

You could use a voltmeter to test across the switch on the lock. I bet the windows are wired backwards, the passenger side on my 88 vert was like that i just lived with it. check the switch on the power mirrors with the voltmeter also. If its not the switch then check for power at the lock actuators, if power there then the actuator is shot. never messed with the window guides but from what ive been told they aint to bad.

Time to take the door panel off and poke your head in there. Check your window tracks the voltage on the switches as well as on the actuator and window motor. Good luck.

You could use a voltmeter to test across the switch on the lock. I bet the windows are wired backwards, the passenger side on my 88 vert was like that i just lived with it. check the switch on the power mirrors with the voltmeter also. If its not the switch then check for power at the lock actuators, if power there then the actuator is shot. never messed with the window guides but from what ive been told they aint to bad.

First off thank you for the response.
I am trying to understand your post... "if power there then the actuator is shot"
Does that mean that if the voltmeter does find power on the lock actuator, then the actuator needs replacing?

Thank you, sorry for making you repeat yourself

sorry, not clear there. If there is power at the actuator and it dont work then the actuator is most likely bad. something else, if the passenger side lock switch is not plugged in or bad I dont think the circuit will be made. pretty sure the power for the locks goes through the passenger side first so check it first.