problems hooking up

• Sponsors (?)

wht99gtconv said:
Ok need some help on hooking-up. Will lower control arms help me alot. I want to do as little as possible. Let me know the cheapest way to plant my tires to the ground.

Well, go out and get really nice clothes to wear. Spray on some cologne and hit the town. The car should do the rest. Oh, and don't forget to drop the top. As far as planting tires, I wouldn't know why you would want to plant the tires. If you have $$ then you would be doing as little as possible to get hooked up. Good luck :flag:

merc123 said:
Well, go out and get really nice clothes to wear. Spray on some cologne and hit the town. The car should do the rest. Oh, and don't forget to drop the top. As far as planting tires, I wouldn't know why you would want to plant the tires. If you have $$ then you would be doing as little as possible to get hooked up. Good luck :flag:
:rlaugh:
:chair:

Are you planning on doing the work yourself or having it done? Like I said I was really happy with the Hotchkis LCA's and the KYB adjustable shocks. You'll hear a lot of responses regarding Steeda, Maximum Motorsports, Metco (expensive), Bilstein, Tokico, Koni, etc. - it all comes down to what you can afford and what you want to do.

Also, once you get the stocks LCA's out you'll see an immediate difference in quality regardless of what you install - the stock pieces are stamped steel with rubber (polyurethane or nylon?) bushings. If you install it yourself you can probably also save some money. Not sure what a shop would charge but it's got to be a couple hours of shop labor at least.

Are you running lowering springs? They will not help you plant the tires on take off. I have the Eibach Pro-Kit springs and they are not too drastic of a drop, but do get rid of some of the gap in the fenders.

Just a couple more thoughts.

wht99gtconv said:
I think I will try the LCA's first. If that don't work I will just race from a rolling kick from now on. Just kidding.Thanks for the advice.

Have you done springs yet? If not, and you're looking for a little lower ride, you might want to consider doing it at the same time. If you do the LCA's the rear springs come out with the LCA - might save a little time or $. The fronts are a little more of a PITA.

Just a thought....

GT2000JAY said:
Have you done springs yet? If not, and you're looking for a little lower ride, you might want to consider doing it at the same time. If you do the LCA's the rear springs come out with the LCA - might save a little time or $. The fronts are a little more of a PITA.

Just a thought....

My rear suspension actually took me a lot longer than my front. This was because I was installing LCA's at the same time. In order to remove the LCA's, I had to unbolt and move the rear half of my cat-back to reach the bolt that secures the LCA to the unibody. That sucked. :nonono: Sorry if this was kinda :OT: .

wht99gtconv said:
Springs are to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for me. You think LCA's and D/R's will do the job? Plus i am going with long tube headers next and need all the clearance I can get.

They will definitely help! L/T's should be awesome! Wish I'd gone that direction with mine - bought a Bassani catted x before I thought about headers. Now I have FRPP JetHot coated shorties in the garage that I'll be installing over the holidays. Can't wait!

Good luck on the suspension - you'll definitely notice a difference! :nice:

GotMustangs said:
My rear suspension actually took me a lot longer than my front. This was because I was installing LCA's at the same time. In order to remove the LCA's, I had to unbolt and move the rear half of my cat-back to reach the bolt that secures the LCA to the unibody. That sucked. :nonono: Sorry if this was kinda :OT: .

Yeah, that was the biggest PITA - passenger side, right? Somebody tipped me off to that little obstacle out of the gate - made it a lot easier knowing in advance.

Another pain was that even doing the LCA's one at a time, the passenger side shifted the axle a tiny bit and getting the rear bolt in was MUCH more difficult than it should have been!