ProCharger supercharges the 2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0

MRaburn

Founder
Admin Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Auburn, AL
There’s something to be said about being first to market; you get the choice of all the best fruits (of your labor) and it shows just how much dedication and time went behind the scenes in the creation of a new product.* ProCharger is absolutely no stranger to forced induction and now, they’ve done it [...]

Check out more on our Blog...

• Sponsors (?)

I'm surprised that ProCharger doesn't mention anything about the connecting rod issue. That seems like a big topic w/ adding boost to the 5.0. i like the sound of 510rwhp, but not at the cost of my rotating assembly.

That brings up another question.. Is Shelby upgrading the rods in the GT350? They claim to be adding 100hp w/ the Whipple supercharger but they don't mention anything about the rods either. I'm interested in finding out if all of these supercharger companies will have problems with the stock rods or if the rods are stronger than Ford said.

Here's what vortech said about my pretty much verbatim response to their youtube video.

They said the EXACT SAME THING about the 4.6L 3 valve motors back in 2004/2005, and we've been running systems up to 12psi on stock internals and 91 octane for years. Only time will tell, but if anyone can do it, and do it safely...you can guarantee it will be VORTECH!

big words but I won't be doing anything like that until a warranty is gone